how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Post by nerdlinger »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:34 pm Image

Can't remember where I got this, but I laughed my ass off at it.
James Blunt actually did do this.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Post by nerdlinger »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:16 pm
Lies or only his opinion? he even admits he is NOT a dr.....
This is Fox News’s standard excuse when caught lying too, “We’re just giving opinion”. And it’s bullshit, you don’t get to hide behind “opinion” when literally millions of people are taking that opinion as fact and acting on it. It’s from the same weasel-word factory as “People are saying…”, it’s disingenuous. You don’t get to spread lies and then stick in a tiny half-disclaimer at the end as though it absolves you of anything.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:29 pm No you don’t. You’ve made that up. Or at best you’ve seen headlines saying “300 staff gone” and decided without looking that the hospital district probably only employed 600 people up til then.
Okay fine, I made that up... :facepalm:

But even if I were hardcore pro-vax and not spewing whatever I read in the headlines, I'd consider changing my tune because of people like you. Learn some tact for christ's sake...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Is Joe Rogan's music any good? I've never heard of him.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Parental advisory: explicit lyrics

Sorted.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Its a wonder Neil Youngs old views and comments haven't gotten him canceled tbh. Seems a bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black tbqfh
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:45 pm Its a wonder Neil Youngs old views and comments haven't gotten him canceled tbh. Seems a bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black tbqfh
Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:49 pm Granted, Neil Young is a bit of a nut himself.

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-wee ... ished-175/
The irony about Young’s “protest” is that Young himself has a history of spreading medical disinfo. In the 1980s, he went on a bizarre crusade against gays working in public places, because he thought you could get AIDS by touching something a gay person had touched.

“You go to the supermarket and you see a faggot behind the fucking cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”
Apparently, Mr. Young was also a big fan of a budding musician by the name of Charles Manson.
https://thebrag.com/charles-manson-and- ... ng-manson/
Manson seems to recall his friendship with Young favourably, stating from his Vacaville prison cell in 1995 that all the other Laurel Canyon musicians wrote him off, and “didn’t give a shit” – except for Neil Young.

“Charlie remembers me too, huh?” Young remarked when told of Manson’s fondness. “Everybody else ripped him off. I gave him a motorcycle. I turned out to be a good guy.”
I didn't realize he was such a crackpot. This song is all about the Manson Family.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

SlowJoe wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:37 pm

Being a smoker, it's not like anyone would take a pro-smoking choice for health reasons,
60 years ago they would, having a blurred view because of the pro tobacco lobby...
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

SlowJoe wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:14 pm But even if I were hardcore pro-vax and not spewing whatever I read in the headlines, I'd consider changing my tune because of people like you. Learn some tact for christ's sake...
Tact? It’s not like I’ve called you names or accused you of manslaughter or anything like that. You’d refuse life saving medical treatment because someone on the internet made you feel bad when they corrected you? How fragile is your ego?

What happened to “facts not feelings”?
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

They both are polio survivors. That should add some context.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic