Pcr test needed to return uk?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
moorebwb
Tourist
Ireland

Pcr test needed to return uk?

Post by moorebwb »

Hi there folks

Returning to uk in 2 days time from phnompenh, flying Singapore Airlines to Singapore-paris-london. I know uk don't currently need one but how about transit countries or Airlines?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Pcr test needed to return uk?

Post by jaynewcastle »

A quick look at your airlines website suggests you need a test to transit through Singapore
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/t ... singapore/
Travellers, including Singapore citizens and permanent residents, transiting through Singapore will be required to take a pre-departure Covid-19 test within two days of their flight to Singapore. Your test requirement will differ based on your country of origin. Where a pre-departure test is also required at your planned destination, the stricter PDT requirement will apply.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
DaniHirsch
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by DaniHirsch »

I can tell you that in my experience, it was enough an Antigen Rapid Test ( Raffles in my case ), as that is what the Singapore airport website was claiming. But if you feel more confident with PCR, I understand. More than nothing for the ladies at PP airport.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pre-flight COVID test for transit via Singapore is still required...Both PCR and ART are acceptable for transit through Singapore, details of approved testing facilities here (page 7)

ask-the-expats-questions-answers/swab-t ... 95-60.html
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:12 pm Pre-flight COVID test for transit via Singapore is still required...Both PCR and ART are acceptable for transit through Singapore, details of approved testing facilities here (page 7)

Are ART acceptable when coming from a Category IV country (Cambodia)?

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:11 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:12 pm Pre-flight COVID test for transit via Singapore is still required...Both PCR and ART are acceptable for transit through Singapore, details of approved testing facilities here (page 7)

Are ART acceptable when coming from a Category IV country (Cambodia)?

Cambodia is Category II according to this: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/transit/overview

Also, I saw this..
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Username Taken I posted this reply to you in the other thread....

Singapore has declared Cambodia as a Category II country, so either PCR or professionally administered RAT.

It is bloody hard to keep up sometimes!

there are 3 approved clinics for the professionally administered ART
- Intercare Medical Center
- Raffles Medical Cambodia
- Singapore Medical Center Cambodia
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Category II:
Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada,
COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction Test; OR
Antigen Rapid Test that is administered by a trained professional, i.e. self-swabs are disallowed.
https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/transit/overview

.......within 2 days before departure for Singapore and obtain a negative test result.
better get his ass down there asap>>>>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@Clutch Cargo and @PSD-Kiwi and @phuketrichard , I got my disinformation from the Straits Times. :facepalm:

Thanks guys!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic