Worth getting a 4th vaccine?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Worth getting a 4th vaccine?

Post by Ryan754326 »

SlowJoe wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:01 am Honestly, I'm so tired of everything related to all this that I couldn't be arsed to give a damn anymore...
I’m trying hard not to give a damn, but the people who think that I need another shot, if only to protect them, just don’t seem to want to let it go.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 pm Had my first in October, J&J, I'll bide my time and listen to the "science"
Speaking of Science.

What, Me worry?
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I'm not sure. But it's definitely worth wearing a motorcycle helmet on the way to the clinic if you do go.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If 3 shots offer little protection to the all the latest variants, then what use is a fourth?

I had Covid in March, I lost sense of taste and smell completely and not much else. That would probably have been the Delta variant. I've got all the protection I need to what is out there now.

However, I am more than happy to receive a booster dose of Omicron as that not only affords excellent long term protection against Omicron variants but also extra protection against Delta as a booster to my current protection against it. Omicron is the best vaccine money can't buy.

The problem we face is all our respective governments have signed multi-billion dollar contracts for vaccine for variants that no long exist or ones that are disappearing, such as Delta. They are now developing one for Omicron but by the time they are ready for trials the world will have had it and it could of burnt itself out. Taxpayers of the world will be paying out fortunes for vaccines against a disease that most will have natural infection based immunity. Who will want the vaccines?

So, get ready for the big push on vaccines for the foreseeable future. The same applies to the testing industry, they have warehouses full of the stuff with a market that will collapse overnight without governments forcing people to keep shoving things up their noses.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Lost50 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:17 am Wear a mask & all will be just dandy.
its time to just get on with life:
something the UK seems to be doing

'England on Thursday lifted coronavirus restrictions imposed to tackle the Omicron variant, with masks no longer required in enclosed places and vaccine passports shelved."
England's Plan B measures are to end from next Thursday, with mandatory face coverings in public places and Covid passports both dropped, Boris Johnson has announced.

The prime minister also said the government would immediately drop its advice for people to work from home.
But, he said, this should not be seen as the "finish line" because the virus and future variants cannot be eradicated - instead "we must learn to live with Covid in the same way we live with flu".

He urged people to continue taking steps to keep the virus at bay, including hand washing, ventilating rooms and self-isolating if positive - and pressed those who were unvaccinated to come forward to get their jabs.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60047438

I've had 2 sinophram's and 1 az and have zero intention ever getting another one UNLESS it is 100% required for travel
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Let's just say I won't be in a rush!
RikUpgrade
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by RikUpgrade »

No! Not even 1
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

RikUpgrade wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:14 pm No! Not even 1
guess ur not planning on going anywhere for a long long time ( unless u really enjoy quarantining) :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:50 am
Random Dude wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:01 pm
As long as delta is still the dominant strain there it might be something else to consider when making your decision.
Actually, it sounds like sounds like Omicron is most of the cases in Cambodia now by a long shot (which is great news, me thinks, as it's clearly a lot less deadly than Delta):

'Experts are of the view that the Delta and Beta strains may still be in the community but what is dominating at the moment is the Omicron variant which is taking a surge with many people infected with it.

Since December 26, the Health Ministry has received very few cases of people infected with the Delta strain and those infected are mainly migrant workers as the majority of all the new Covid-19 cases are those infected with the Omicron variant, including the imported cases.'

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501013889/ ... a-strains/
Yep, that does sound like promising news.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I never bothered with the third, as protection literally lasts three months. By all accounts, natural infection results on much longer protection. I might have gotten it if I knew it would be a different vaccine, but for now I'm just waiting and don't feel the need yet.

Once the dust has settled and it's a yearly shot or something, I'll line up again (if necessary), but I couldn't be bothered with the where/when of the third, let alone a fourth.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic