Kampot Party at Pure Water Station Leaves 34 People Ill

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kampot Party at Pure Water Station Leaves 34 People Ill

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kampot Province): At 6:00 pm on January 21, 2022, around 30 people became sick after enjoying eating and drinking at a party at a Provida purified water facility.

28 people were admitted to the Kampot health center and 6 were sent to a private clinic, and all of them were diagnosed with food poisoning. The cause of the poisoning was suspected to be unwashed vegetables.
All the patients have recovered and were discharged the next afternoon.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Kampot Party at Pure Water Station Leaves 34 People Ill

Post by Ghostwriter »

There must be only one, so will it be the catering company or the water company ?
I wonder how they will settle this..
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The cause of the poisoning was suspected to be unwashed vegetables.
Lucky they didn't drink the pure water then.. :wink:
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

So like 30 people with food poisoning and how many toilets? Shitty situation indeed.

Is it normal to go to the hospital for food poisoning though? Never crossed my mind before.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

You'd think they have more than enough pure water to wash those veggies!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:18 pm So like 30 people with food poisoning and how many toilets? Shitty situation indeed.

Is it normal to go to the hospital for food poisoning though? Never crossed my mind before.
If you get it bad enough, with mass evacuation of body fluids from both ends, for hours on end, until you are literally drained of everything yet the gagging and gut wrenching continues, and then feeling of impending death, you'll be happy at the sight of a hospital and doctor and an IV drip.

Been there, never want to return.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:55 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:18 pm So like 30 people with food poisoning and how many toilets? Shitty situation indeed.

If you get it bad enough, with mass evacuation of body fluids from both ends, for hours on end, until you are literally drained of everything yet the gagging and gut wrenching continues, and then feeling of impending death, you'll be happy at the sight of a hospital and doctor and an IV drip.

Been there, never want to return.
Fair enough, never had it that bad.
Fucking vegetables, I always knew they were evil!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:11 pm
The cause of the poisoning was suspected to be unwashed vegetables.
Lucky they didn't drink the pure water then.. :wink:
You crack me up man
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Nothing beats an intravenous dose of antibiotics combined with a salty drip when it comes to this kind of stuff.

In Cambodia that is....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic