If you could start any business in Cambodia..

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: If you could start any business in Cambodia..

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Sales

Sodium Cyanide
Protective Equipment / Clothing

Green Treatment of Cyanide Tailings Using a “Filter Press
BackWash–Chemical Precipitation–Gaseous Membrane
Absorption” Method

K-CF0148 – TYPE CYN – Cyanide Filter

Turtle Tough CN-1100H is designed specifically for cyanide tailings discharge between 0 - 50ppm.

Hydroxocobalamin (Cyanokit), Sodium Thiosulfate and Sodium Nitrite (Nithiodote). if the diagnosis of cyanide toxicity is strongly suspected, without waiting for laboratory confirmation.
Both are given intravenously.

^^ something along these lines >>

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:42 pm
Bro, you are pushing my buttons tonight. Love some old Johnny Horton.
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

A builder's school with five year apprenticeships?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Singapore Slinger wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:58 pm A builder's school with five year apprenticeships?
There certainly is a need but organizations like PSE and Don Bosco are addressing these to some extent.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CaliforniaGuy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaGuy »

Once thought a drinking water quality assessment business would be a good idea. Certainly is needed with 70-75% of the population living in rural areas with arsenic, toxic algae, pathogens, etc. But those who would need it most couldn't afford it. And if they did find they had water quality problems, what would they do about it? Fixing takes money. So one would have to setup some kind of NGO, partner with government and other NGO organizations, the UNESCO, etc etc etc. Seemed like such a nightmare so much time involved with so little return. So gave it up preferring to continue with my present job of holding down my hammock while trying to grab that cold nearby beer.

Probably a better idea for most expats: make money in your home country, spend it in Cambodia. :beer3:
I wish I knew a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Any business, regardless of whether I’d make a fortune?
A swim school.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

violet wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:53 pm Any business, regardless of whether I’d make a fortune?
A swim school.
That's a good one, maybe a public swimming pool / school kind of setup.
Make money from the pool and the classes.

Not sure too many locals would be interested in paying for that kind of school though?

Possibly if the pool area was fancy enough to attract tourists and the likes that could in its turn sponsor free or very cheap classes available for local children, or something like this.

I dunno, but it would be a nice thing to bring here :thumb:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
CaliforniaGuy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaGuy »

violet wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:53 pm Any business, regardless of whether I’d make a fortune?
A swim school.
Actually I think this might be a really great idea. But keep it as a school not a water park. There are a number of water parks here packed with people, and who knows what is in that water. I have gone to them with my Khmer family, but for myself, after a bad ear infection in a hotel swimming pool in Thailand, I never put my head under the water. The key I think would be to go upscale, clean water, tested daily, where you actually smell the chlorine, require showering before entering the pool, provide swimming goggles to protect the eyes, require swimsuits, and advertise to the wealthier Cambodian families. Many of them spend a small fortune on their kids education, and I think they would really want them to learn how to swim, in a clean nice upscale place. Advertising would be the key, maybe partner with some local upscale schools to add swimming lessons. A great addition for them too. After you were up and running you could also have days where you have kids of families that could not pay the price, and provide them with free goggles, swim suits, etc.

You could actually make money with this. The best Idea I have seen here. Marketing would be key. Great idea!!!!!
I wish I knew a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

A commercial painting business using modern airless spray equipment.
Darren-Lee-Fox
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Darren-Lee-Fox »

A girlie-bar seems to be the way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic