If you could start any business in Cambodia..

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: If you could start any business in Cambodia..

Post by Arget »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 pm
truffledog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 pm .. what would it be?

I think Kampot needs a go-cart course!

But I would start a juggling cafe, just not sure how to keep people from breaking glasses...
a biiiiiiiiig shop full of cheese from everywhere in the world...and a real swiss bakery next door.
Romano’s have a small deli of Italian cheese to make one feel at home.

I like the idea of a Karting centre.
Maybe combine it with advanced driving instruction for the Chinese? Lesson 1. This is the steering wheel….
Large Dogem car course next to the License testing station for practice runs.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

This gets me wondering, what kinds of shops are around that I haven't discovered here yet.

So many gems seem to be so hidden off the main road that I never notice them, and not being on facebook or anything, I never hear about any of them.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Often wondered if there is a local equivalent of Expedia/Agoda etc for guesthouses/hotels outside of PP/SR and if not, would one be worthwhile?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

SlowJoe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:54 am This gets me wondering, what kinds of shops are around that I haven't discovered here yet.
From what I can see, one would want to make your money quick with that new shop idea or have some sort of proprietary licence.

Watching the ever changing landscape of shop businesses in Daun Penh for the last several years and as soon as one looks reasonably successful, the idea is copied nearby to a point the market is oversupplied and they can't make money anymore.

Thinking minimarts, coffee shops (incl carts), $3 massage places et al
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 pm
truffledog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 pm .. what would it be?

I think Kampot needs a go-cart course!

But I would start a juggling cafe, just not sure how to keep people from breaking glasses...
a biiiiiiiiig shop full of cheese from everywhere in the world...and a real swiss bakery next door.
Romano’s have a small deli of Italian cheese to make one feel at home.

I like the idea of a Karting centre.
Maybe combine it with advanced driving instruction for the Chinese? Lesson 1. This is the steering wheel….
I like this!

Could place a couple of light poles around the track and present it as an obstacle course :D
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:35 am Commercial window cleaning.
(sorry for going off topic) Some of the bars they put on windows/doors makes cleaning windows a right fookin pain in the ass, impossible to get properly clean :facepalm:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:04 pm Retirement Home/Hospice for jaboran barang
What's this now? How does one join the club of jaboran?
Ja Boran/Ta Borann whatever way one spells it in english means Old ancient one/geriatric in Khmer
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:58 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:04 pm Retirement Home/Hospice for jaboran barang
What's this now? How does one join the club of jaboran?
Ja Boran/Ta Borann whatever way one spells it in english means Old ancient one/geriatric in Khmer
I see. That's a great idea actually! I've seen documentaries about some quite successful ones in Thailand.

The local culture and of course the economic situation. I'd so much rather stay in a home here than in the west.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

we did a proposal on this retirement prohject, cost a bit to set up to western expectations, couldn't get an backers to help finance it sadly .. The numbers were excellent though.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Independence Monument, koh Pich, here we go

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic