Man Attempts to Murder his Wife Over Drinking Money

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Attempts to Murder his Wife Over Drinking Money

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Pursat Province): At noon on Sunday, January 23, 2022, a case of domestic violence was reported in the village of Andong Krasaing, Pursat Province. A man beat his wife with a bamboo stick until she fainted and then he pulled out a machete to threaten to kill her, but he was stopped by relatives and handed over to the police.

Sources from the scene said that the suspect is Hang Him, a 52 year old Khmer man, currently living in the village, while the injured wife is named Sao Rithy, 52 years old, Khmer, living with her husband.

The same source said that the husband became enraged when his wife refused to give him money for drinking, and then the argument escalated into physical violence when the man beat his wife with a bamboo stick until she was lying unconscious. He then grabbed a machete and was preparing to chop off his wife's head, when the relatives who were at the scene intervened; they overpowered the attacker and handed him over to the Snam Preah Administrative Police Station to be held in custody.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Man Attempts to Murder his Wife Over Drinking Money

Post by Ozinasia »

someone is gonna say it .. Hang Him !!!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ozinasia wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:14 pm someone is gonna say it .. Hang Him !!!
Maybe she just denied his accidental, once in a year drink with his buddies :stir:

My wife looked at the picture and told me he's got the face of a daily rice wine consumer.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Jaysus, I'd kill for a drink, said he
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

How do these people fall in love in the first place?

I mean it just seems a bit far from falling in love to cutting someones head off because she won't give you a beer.

To me at least
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:02 pm How do these people fall in love in the first place?

I mean it just seems a bit far from falling in love to cutting someones head off because she won't give you a beer.

To me at least
You do realise arranged marriages in Cambodia have been a tradition for centuries and continue to this day... So falling in love before marriage is not always a prerequisite.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Grand Barong wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:36 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:02 pm How do these people fall in love in the first place?

To me at least
You do realise arranged marriages in Cambodia have been a tradition for centuries and continue to this day... So falling in love before marriage is not always a prerequisite.
I do now and yes that does paint a clearer picture.
Last edited by ItWasntMe on Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic