on the road to Legalisation of household cannabis, limited recreational use

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

on the road to Legalisation of household cannabis, limited recreational use

Post by phuketrichard »

go Thailand: first country in se asia to wake up>>
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) drafted a bill to legalise the household cultivation and consumption of cannabis and its recreational use in some locations.

FDA secretary-general Paisarn Dunkum said on Monday that his administration had drafted the bill in line with the Public Health Ministry's resolution to exclude cannabis from the narcotics list.

He said the FDA's bill would allow people to grow cannabis for their own consumption on the condition that they must report the cultivation to their respective provincial administrative organisations. Household consumption would be for medical purposes only.
Regarding the recreational use of cannabis, Dr Paisarn said it could be done in some locations that had yet to be specified.

"Of course, we won't go to the stage of cannabis cafés, but there are different models for its recreational use in other countries. We'll select the best one that suits our social context," the FDA secretary-general said.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... tional-use

assume the growth applies ONLY to Thai citizens.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: on the road to Legalisation of household cannabis, limited recreational use

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:07 pm assume the growth applies ONLY to Thai citizens.
Another reason to get a Thai wife, sneaky government!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

"Of course, we won't go to the stage of cannabis cafés,
Of course not, cannabis cafés would be far too dangerous compared to alcohol cafés, aka bars, pubs, clubs or sitting outside a
7-11.

It's a shame really, it would give Thailand a nice niche tourist attraction.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:07 pm assume the growth applies ONLY to Thai citizens.
Another reason to get a Thai wife, sneaky government!
Or ur thai home owner agrees to grow it at ur rental house :-)
much cheaper than a wife
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Not yet time for champagne, only less than 1% of THC plants.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by WillieW »

As someone who lost many years to cannabis fog I don't welcome this. Although cannabis is much less harmful then alcohol I don't see any reason to promote it or make it more easily available to the youth. Of course if I started smoking pot again my views would change considerably.
Be your own toy.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I smoked tons of the stuff in my youth as did many of my friends - haven't touched it for well over 20 years now - but while most people could handle it without a problem, there were definitely many who couldn't. I had friends with very clear mental health issues, some mild, some severe, who believed, or told themselves, that smoking hash somehow lessened their symptoms, when it was clear to many others who were too polite to mention it, that it was in fact the other way around - it was the smoking hash which made their problems more severe.

And this was back in the 80's / 90's when hash was pretty mild compared to the super strong types that are apparently available today.

I get that for the majority of people, it's a perfectly safe and natural way to unwind and chill out, but I know from personal experience that that's not the case for many. It can, and does, exacerbate many mental health issues and certainly isn't as benign a drug as many people like to make out.

I'm not necessarily against the legalisation of it - at the end of the day, the non-legalisation of it has hardly made any difference to whether people smoke it or not anyway - I'm just saying that it's wrong to compare it to things like alcohol as a way of showing just how safe it is.

It often isn't.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Those constipated old fools are highly unlikely to allow anything that is actually worthwhile.
It will always be some CBD prominent shit.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Just now tens of thousands of people dying every year to get us our illegal drugs so I am all for legalization. Why the developing world has to suffer for rich People to get drugs?

Because that is what the drug war is. Spend tons of money on military equipment to fight people getting rich in developing countries. Keep them fuckers down and then also extract as much as possible on the other side.

Europeans talking about 1% more or less that used marijuana while Mexicans counting corpses by the tens of thousands.

Bah.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

been smoking for over 55 years...... I'll tell ya'"
" Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope" :beer3:

Of course do not approve of youth smoking dope or worse cigs, but how ya going to stop anyone? I recall being 16 an siting outside the liquor store asking people to buy beer cause i was not 21.

it would be illegal as is drinking for anyone under 16, 18, 21, ( depending on which state/country)

The war on drugs in the states, thailand, the Philippines has been a HUGE costly mistake .
Think of the $$$ every government could make if it was legal an tax'd, not to mention how it would free up the courts and jails across the world

Legalization is the ONLY way forward.

off topic an bit, but watch the video an see how Nixon fucked Nepal...

Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic