Mask exemption in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Wkkep
Expatriate
Australia

Mask exemption in Cambodia

Post by Wkkep »

Does Cambodia allow a mask exemption with a medical certificate?
MAGA
Tourist
Canada

Re: Mask exemption in Cambodia

Post by MAGA »

I don't wear it frequently. Most places don't care. If they say something, put it around your chin. Banks and Super Duper accept this way. Mouth and nose fully free. I however, wouldn't trust the traffic police, so it's around my chin. Been doing this for three months already.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Wkkep wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 am Does Cambodia allow a mask exemption with a medical certificate?
Anywhere that has a strict policy on masks being worn will insist on masks being worn. No mask, no entry, no excuses. Very few places seem to have these now, but official buildings may well do.

If you are talking about walking the streets, many people have already given up with them (or wear them under their chins) so you are unlikely to be challenged if you go maskless. Always have one handy though...
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Where I usually go none of the staff wears masks anymore, they also removed the hand sanitizer and so on.
Guess they want things to look normal for the new wave of tourists that are expected.

And they do appear to be coming, I see girls in bikinis walking around Kampot again which hasn't happen since 2020.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Oh Lordy, don't get me started on mask mandates.

Our lovely mis-governor here in Commiefornia put in place a mask mandate. Then promptly violated it at a party gathering.... Rules for thee, not for me.

Cue Recall election... ... ...

Now with OmniChron surge we get another mask mandate, only this time they were spineless and it was issued by the California Department of Public Health... Hmmmmm

I'm tired of the mask BS here. I will sometimes wear if there are LOTS of people as not to offend someone that may have lost a lost one. Most times not, only have been approached once (in a Barnes and Noble book store). I just pointed to my hearing aids and politely noted that I was exempt (as well as anyone that is with me) by the mandate. The lady huffed off and said "we'll see about that. Never saw her again (manager at the store).

Rant over. :angry:
What, Me worry?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I just do not understand why people have such a problem with wearing masks or seek medical exemption. The same discussion when seat belts became mandatory many years ago. I run with a mask and, whilst I would prefer to run without one because I sweat a lot, it does not in any way impact me.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

hanno wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:29 am I just do not understand why people have such a problem with wearing masks or seek medical exemption. The same discussion when seat belts became mandatory many years ago. I run with a mask and, whilst I would prefer to run without one because I sweat a lot, it does not in any way impact me.
Surgeons who perform twelve hour operations for a living also seem to be able to tolerate the huge imposition of wearing them. How normal folk can bear to have them on for a few minutes of their day is beyond belief.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 am
hanno wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:29 am I just do not understand why people have such a problem with wearing masks or seek medical exemption. The same discussion when seat belts became mandatory many years ago. I run with a mask and, whilst I would prefer to run without one because I sweat a lot, it does not in any way impact me.
Surgeons who perform twelve hour operations for a living also seem to be able to tolerate the huge imposition of wearing them. How normal folk can bear to have them on for a few minutes of their day is beyond belief.
Most normal folk in Cambodia are having to wear them for a lot more than a few minutes a day.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Wkkep wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 am Does Cambodia allow a mask exemption with a medical certificate?
Are you for real? I do realize that there are a few quacks in certain Western countries who are willing to provide those certificates to special cookies, but you really shouldn't assume that such a certificate and the imbecile refusal to mask up are accepted or tolerated anywhere.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a $50 fine for not wearing a mask. Until recently you would first get a warning but the boss had it changed so no warning now, just a fine.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic