Mask exemption in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Mask exemption in Cambodia

Post by Grand Barong »

johnny lightning wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:48 am "I just pointed to my hearing aids and politely noted that I was exempt". I am I the only one puzzled by this statement? What the fuck do hearing aids have to do with masks?
Some people wear behind the ear hearing aids which gets affected by the ear loops when putting on and taking off masks, I know a guy who recently lost
a behind the ear hearing aid when taking his mask off before getting into his car as it flicked it off his ear.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Seems like it shouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to fashion a mask that doesn’t interfere with your hearing aid. I think I saw little plastic extender things that let you hook the elastic to them instead of your ear so it’s more like a headband.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Grand Barong wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:18 am
johnny lightning wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:48 am "I just pointed to my hearing aids and politely noted that I was exempt". I am I the only one puzzled by this statement? What the fuck do hearing aids have to do with masks?
Some people wear behind the ear hearing aids which gets affected by the ear loops when putting on and taking off masks, I know a guy who recently lost
a behind the ear hearing aid when taking his mask off before getting into his car as it flicked it off his ear.
Well, the same could happen with glasses I guess. I have headphones that hook behind the ear and the facemask snags on those. Just need to be a little careful.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Those hard of hearing and anyone with them are EXEMPT from wearing masks in California. Has to do with being able to communicate.
What, Me worry?
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 am
Those hard of hearing and anyone with them are EXEMPT from wearing masks in California. Has to do with being able to communicate.
Also has been pure hell having my hearing aids, glasses and mask strings fight for my ears. As mentioned above it has on many times gotten messed up and messed up my hearing aids.

the last two years have been VERY difficult because I haven't been able to see others mouths....
What, Me worry?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 am
Ah right because in the US it's common with lip reading instead of sign language. Makes sense in those circumstances.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I reckon masks are quite practical for the moto in PP with the dust, fumes and smoke.. Amusing to see a sole driver in a car with one tho. Must be those toxic plastic fumes in a new car 8)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:46 am I reckon masks are quite practical for the moto in PP with the dust, fumes and smoke.. Amusing to see a sole driver in a car with one tho. Must be those toxic plastic fumes in a new car 8)
I resent the mask, but have found myself still wearing the bloody thing having walked across an empty roof top car park…. It’s either age, laziness, complacency, elevated levels of rebreathed CO2, or some other reason. Backs of my ears hurt.
I’m back in the UK for a week or so, and the mask has one significant benefit. The -2°c with added windchill is being kept away from my tropics acclimated lips, and teeth.

People’s mention of mouths, and not seeing them move. It’s little realised just how much we actually use facial features in everyday communications. Mouth shape, twitch, smile. The missing smile that marketing and customer relations folks realised changed peoples demeanour when interacting.
Gauging peoples mood. Hidden.

I’m sure everyone (almost everyone), notices with irritation when the soundtrack of a movie or tv program is out of sync with the lips. Even just a tiny fraction, we notice. We do naturally, if subconsciously lip read. Noisy environments where the vocal level is the same as the background noise, yet we’re able to converse. Lost, or degraded.

Has anyone been to the national institute of public PCR testing recently? The guy who mumbles your name from behind a mask, behind a Perspex screen, at the same volume as he probably did before the mask became the norm? Confusion, delay. Huh?
Wkkep
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Wkkep »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:49 pm
nemo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:48 pm
Wkkep wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 am Does Cambodia allow a mask exemption with a medical certificate?
Presumably unvaxxed as well?
With a penchant for guns and a wall?
So let's assume shall we? When we "assume", we make an "ass" out of "u" and "me".
So, by your reference to guns and walls, you assume I am a far-right American. No, no and... no.
As for your other question... no.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:53 pm elevated levels of rebreathed CO2,
Side note, this isn’t a real thing for regular face masks. They cannot and do not trap co2, not even close.

There are some types of heavy duty valve masks that show a barely measurable rise that’s still well within safe limits, and the anti maskers have dishonestly pointed at those studies to “prove” that their thin cloth masks are poisoning them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic