Mask exemption in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Mask exemption in Cambodia

Post by hanno »

Darkcel wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm
hanno wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:23 pm I have had three shots, believe in vaccinations, do not believe that most masks keep any virus at bay (apparently not Omicron in particular), and still wear a mask on the street and in shops. It is not so much about the fines (USD 100.00) but not wearing one would make me pretty much the only person not to do so where I live. I do not want that sort of unwarranted attention. Would I prefer not to wear a mask? Sure. Does it bother me? Not the least bit and I think this whole discussion is a little redundant.
You're literally talking out your ass there champ 🏆

Ain't NOBODY getting fined 100 bucks for not wearing a mask, if the cops are asking you for 100 then clearly they can see you better than you can see yourself.
The fines here in Sa Pa start at VND 2.5 million; last time I checked that was close enough to $100.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

4 pages in 12 hours.

Seems this is the thread we were waiting for
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

I've gotten used to the mask and will continue using it even when covid no longer a concern. Mask, sunglasses and cap. Perfect for public anxiety. And I don't need to trim my facial hair.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I've been happily wearing one that doesn't react with my skin for a good two years now..

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The guy who solves glasses fogging from mask wearing is gonna do OK. I can pinch the upper wire against my nose until cartilage cracks but it doesn't take long before it feels like I'm doing circles in cumulonimbus.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm The guy who solves glasses fogging from mask wearing is gonna do OK. I can pinch the upper wire against my nose until cartilage cracks but it doesn't take long before it feels like I'm doing circles in cumulonimbus.
Some other things to try here: https://www.specsavers.co.uk/covid19-ca ... -face-mask

Speaking of which, you know who I bumped into in Specsavers the other day? :beer2:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

ofparadise wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:11 pm I've gotten used to the mask and will continue using it even when covid no longer a concern. Mask, sunglasses and cap. Perfect for public anxiety. And I don't need to trim my facial hair.
Yeah, a mask also hides that bogey hanging from your nostril, the bits of food in your front teeth, the giveaway beer breath... what's not to like. :bow:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ofparadise wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:11 pm I've gotten used to the mask and will continue using it even when covid no longer a concern. Mask, sunglasses and cap. Perfect for public anxiety. And I don't need to trim my facial hair.

Been using masks on flights and bus journeys forever as I really hate aircon, and also professionally in dust filled environments, masks are great but, at this stage ( I think, in Cambodia, where covid is concerned) a tad overkill

But IDGAF about having to wear one in a minimart or a bank either tbf
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

"I just pointed to my hearing aids and politely noted that I was exempt". I am I the only one puzzled by this statement? What the fuck do hearing aids have to do with masks?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm The guy who solves glasses fogging from mask wearing is gonna do OK. I can pinch the upper wire against my nose until cartilage cracks but it doesn't take long before it feels like I'm doing circles in cumulonimbus.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic