Mask exemption in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Mask exemption in Cambodia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:07 pm I know it's a dumb question, but will a mask exemption stop you getting covid or will it just stop you giving covid to other people ?
Spoiler:
I think I deserve a dumb answer.
LOL I think it's more of a pro-getting pro-spreading kind of deal :beer3:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I wear the mask as I have grown accustomed to following instructions and now even more reason is the entry of the dry season.

For those of you who walk anywhere you will note the dog and cat shit etc that is on the streets. You will also note that it is now dry and getting broken up by mottos and cars. As they drive along over this crap it floats in the air and is breathed in by all those lucky enough to be in the area.

For those who think I am talking shit (?) check your mask, if you wear one, and see what is on the outside when you take it off. As it warms up you will note all the crap chucked on the roads in garbage piles etc wil dry out and join in the floating shit.

Just thought I would put it out there.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I have had three shots, believe in vaccinations, do not believe that most masks keep any virus at bay (apparently not Omicron in particular), and still wear a mask on the street and in shops. It is not so much about the fines (USD 100.00) but not wearing one would make me pretty much the only person not to do so where I live. I do not want that sort of unwarranted attention. Would I prefer not to wear a mask? Sure. Does it bother me? Not the least bit and I think this whole discussion is a little redundant.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Arget wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 pm I wear the mask as I have grown accustomed to following instructions and now even more reason is the entry of the dry season.

For those of you who walk anywhere you will note the dog and cat shit etc that is on the streets. You will also note that it is now dry and getting broken up by mottos and cars. As they drive along over this crap it floats in the air and is breathed in by all those lucky enough to be in the area.

For those who think I am talking shit (?) check your mask, if you wear one, and see what is on the outside when you take it off. As it warms up you will note all the crap chucked on the roads in garbage piles etc wil dry out and join in the floating shit.

Just thought I would put it out there.
Your 100 % right there, which is why I always wear a mask while logged onto this forum.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

MAGA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:50 am I don't wear it frequently. Most places don't care. If they say something, put it around your chin. Banks and Super Duper accept this way. Mouth and nose fully free. I however, wouldn't trust the traffic police, so it's around my chin. Been doing this for three months already.
Is this like a parody user account or something?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Mandatory mask wearing outdoors is insanity

Is it mandatory to wear a mask outdoors in PP?

I keep a mask with me, and take it out and wear if I am going to a shop or market, but I'd never consider wearing one outdoors unless I lived in smoggy Hanoi or something
I think it's technically mandatory, but I personally almost never wear one when on a motorbike or outdoors in general. Only when going to crowded outdoor places or indoors (supermarket etc). Plenty of locals doing the same. Then again, also plenty of teens riding their bikes two up really fast with masks but no helmets... Not sure where Hanno runs (SR/Vietnam?), but seems silly unless on crowded city streets or something.

OP won't get anywhere with a "mask exception certificate" though. What medical condition would warrant it? Just get the super thin ones and voilà, everyone is happy and you can breathe/ears don't hurt.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:32 am Where I usually go none of the staff wears masks anymore, they also removed the hand sanitizer and so on.
Guess they want things to look normal for the new wave of tourists that are expected.

And they do appear to be coming, I see girls in bikinis walking around Kampot again which hasn't happen since 2020.
How are you going to say this and not post a picture for us???
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

hanno wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:23 pm I have had three shots, believe in vaccinations, do not believe that most masks keep any virus at bay (apparently not Omicron in particular), and still wear a mask on the street and in shops. It is not so much about the fines (USD 100.00) but not wearing one would make me pretty much the only person not to do so where I live. I do not want that sort of unwarranted attention. Would I prefer not to wear a mask? Sure. Does it bother me? Not the least bit and I think this whole discussion is a little redundant.
You're literally talking out your ass there champ 🏆

Ain't NOBODY getting fined 100 bucks for not wearing a mask, if the cops are asking you for 100 then clearly they can see you better than you can see yourself.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Darkcel wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm
hanno wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:23 pm I have had three shots, believe in vaccinations, do not believe that most masks keep any virus at bay (apparently not Omicron in particular), and still wear a mask on the street and in shops. It is not so much about the fines (USD 100.00) but not wearing one would make me pretty much the only person not to do so where I live. I do not want that sort of unwarranted attention. Would I prefer not to wear a mask? Sure. Does it bother me? Not the least bit and I think this whole discussion is a little redundant.
You're literally talking out your ass there champ 🏆

Ain't NOBODY getting fined 100 bucks for not wearing a mask, if the cops are asking you for 100 then clearly they can see you better than you can see yourself.
He's in Vietnam where they are a bit anal about obeying the rules.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:18 pm OP won't get anywhere with a "mask exception certificate" though. What medical condition would warrant it?
The only ones I'm aware of are mental disorders like phobia or autism, or a severe allergy/skin condition. Anyone whose respiratory system is weak enough that a mask would cause them breathing problems, would die pretty quickly if they were to catch Covid.

The medical community is divided on whether being a petulant selfish man-child counts as a mental disorder or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic