Domino's Pizza Second Location in Phnom Penh (City Mall)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Domino's Pizza Second Location in Phnom Penh (City Mall)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Domino's Pizza is celebrating its Grand Opening at City Mall on Monireth Blvd. The managing director and chairman of the board said he promises to expand its branches within Cambodia.

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Domino's Pizza Grand Opening 2 under the participation of model and many customers

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 15:30 pm

Phnom Penh: D.Pizza PLC, a symbol of the Dominos Pizza has launched its 2nd branch in Cambodia City Mall Shopping Center Monireth Boulevard on May 02, 2015, model by model and expressed a lot of crowds.

He should CBMCo.ltd Corporation Managing Director and Chairman of the Board member D.PizzaPLC, said on behalf of the company, leading CBM collaborators bring Dominos Pizza very proud Pizza flavor US standards to young people, as well as all Cambodians. He promised to continue to expand its branches to be more much more to meet the needs of their customers can enjoy the taste pizza delicious aroma only takes 30 minutes. What's interesting in the program also created the game Pizza with 5 candidates contestants participated They were chosen from the candidates answer questions FB contestants combined efforts on their own pizza to attention The Committee points. No. 1 to No. 3, which found that the No. 1 eating pizza free 1-year 2 eating pizza free period of 6 months and 3 to be eating pizza for 3 months free. 2nd branch opened its customers for only 70 days after the 1st branch has opened a new pride.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Domino's Pizza Second Location in Phnom Penh (City Mall)

Post by Cam Nivag »

I tried out the St. 51 Domino's a few weeks ago, I thought it was quite good, i.e. it tasted just like Domino's would in the USA. They are still running specials there, it was 30% off a large pizza I think making a large cost a few cents less than a medium. The air conditioning wasn't really reaching the upstairs seating, and they are stingy with the napkins, but other than that it was a pretty good experience.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Cam Nivag wrote:I tried out the St. 51 Domino's a few weeks ago, I thought it was quite good, i.e. it tasted just like Domino's would in the USA.
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm no food snob but I always thought Dominos was barely edible. How much does a large pizza cost there, non sale?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cam Nivag wrote: it tasted just like Domino's would in the USA.
Yes, but do they market it the same as here. I mean, like, in the USA does a 12 inch pizza serve 4 -6 people?

Anyway, here's Domino's Cambodia's website Pizza Menu, and current promotion Value Deals.

http://www.dominospizza.com.kh/pizza.php?lang=en

http://www.dominospizza.com.kh/value-deals.php?lang=en

Might be worth a taste test. :beer3:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Domino's is my favorite of the shit pizzas. Depending on when you last had one, they totally reinvented themselves a while back and upgraded their ingredient quality.

And I'm not alone... lol:
http://www.epicurious.com/archive/blogs ... ivery.html
The winner: Domino's
This was by far Epi editors' preferred pizza of the bunch. They liked the balance of softness and crispiness in the crust, the slightly sweet sauce, and the savory spice of the pepperoni. Some felt it could use a little more cheese, but the quality of the crust is what won over the tasters, "The crispy crust is a nice touch, it has a little chewiness like real pizza," said one judge.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

"The crispy crust is a nice touch, it has a little chewiness like real pizza," said one judge.
:lol: That should be their official slogan. Domino's - it's like real pizza.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I tried that place a few time. It has been running a few weeks already. I like it actually. :lol:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

The City Mall location has been open for weeks. I guess it was a soft opening or something. They had a 50% discount there for a while (like they did for the BIKE location).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I know this will shock some of you, but I love the US chain pizza joints!

Papa John's being my clear fav, followed by Dominos, then maybe Pizza Hut.

The quality of them here in Saudi is just appalling. Shit is so bad, I (regularly) found myself ordering Burger King instead. Yuck.

I was reminded of my "Cambod pizza days" the last time I called Papa John's and they had no large pizzas, no garlic sauce, no jalapenos, and the fucker made me call him back AFTER prayer time to tell me all this shit.

I broke bad. Image

"Why the fuck would you tell me all this shit AFTER you asked me to call back? You could have told me this shit when I called you 30 minutes ago to order the first time?!"

"Haha, sorry, sir."

"Don't fucking laugh! Nothing about this is funny!!"

"I think you're only shouting at me because I'm Philippino."

"What! ? ! ? ! ? Listen you stupid mother fucker, I'm yelling at you because you're a fucking moron! I don't give a flying fuck where you're from! I think you're a fucking idiot because you made me call you back 30 minutes later to tell me this shit! What the fuck is wrong with you? We order at least 4 pizzas a week from you and have to pick up half the time because you don't have a fucking driver 2 random days of the week, and now you won't even give us a discount on a bunch of MEDIUM pizzas with no garlic sauce or jalapenos! That's why I'm yelling at you like you're a fucking idiot!! You ARE a fucking idiot!!!!"

Click.

Buddy looks at me, "well, I guess we won't be ordering Papa John's again unless we want dick cheese pizzas." :facepalm:

"I'm sorry. I was really hoping they'd give us a discount or something." Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Soi Dog wrote:
"The crispy crust is a nice touch, it has a little chewiness like real pizza," said one judge.
:lol: That should be their official slogan. Domino's - it's like real pizza.
Hahaha! :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic