Domino's Pizza Second Location in Phnom Penh (City Mall)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Re: Domino's Pizza Second Location in Phnom Penh (City Mall)

Post by MekongMouse »

General Mackevili wrote:I know this will shock some of you, but I love the US chain pizza joints!

Papa John's being my clear fav, followed by Dominos, then maybe Pizza Hut.

The quality of them here in Saudi is just appalling. Shit is so bad, I (regularly) found myself ordering Burger King instead. Yuck.

I was reminded of my "Cambod pizza days" the last time I called Papa John's and they had no large pizzas, no garlic sauce, no jalapenos, and the fucker made me call him back AFTER prayer time to tell me all this shit.

I broke bad. Image

"Why the fuck would you tell me all this shit AFTER you asked me to call back? You could have told me this shit when I called you 30 minutes ago to order the first time?!"

"Haha, sorry, sir."

"Don't fucking laugh! Nothing about this is funny!!"

"I think you're only shouting at me because I'm Philippino."

"What! ? ! ? ! ? Listen you stupid mother fucker, I'm yelling at you because you're a fucking moron! I don't give a flying fuck where you're from! I think you're a fucking idiot because you made me call you back 30 minutes later to tell me this shit! What the fuck is wrong with you? We order at least 4 pizzas a week from you and have to pick up half the time because you don't have a fucking driver 2 random days of the week, and now you won't even give us a discount on a bunch of MEDIUM pizzas with no garlic sauce or jalapenos! That's why I'm yelling at you like you're a fucking idiot!! You ARE a fucking idiot!!!!"

Click.

Buddy looks at me, "well, I guess we won't be ordering Papa John's again unless we want dick cheese pizzas." :facepalm:

"I'm sorry. I was really hoping they'd give us a discount or something." Image
Don't ignore the possibility you'd get a discount and dick cheese pizza.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

:bad:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

One of the pizza chains in Australia ran a promotion admitting they knew their pizzas were really bad and promising to do better...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Of all the big franchise pizza chains in the USA, Dominoes was my least favorite. Cardboard box on outside -- cardboard tasting "Pizza" on inside.

Any Pizza favorites in PP? People rave about Kati Peri but I was not that impressed. Pizza company is awful. I find Sarpinos tolerable but that does not say too much.

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Of the crap pizza chains in the US, Domino's comes in a far second to Pizza Time, with Pappa Johns and Little Caesar not even eatable. For a chain, Pizza Time is actually pretty good. And its much cheaper than the rest. How on earth does The Pizza Company stay in business in Cambo with the high prices and crap they serve.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Sailorman wrote:How on earth does The Pizza Company stay in business in Cambo with the high prices and crap they serve.
I don't think the locals go there for the food, they go there to be seen.

:fool:
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Rain Dog wrote:Of all the big franchise pizza chains in the USA, Dominoes was my least favorite. Cardboard box on outside -- cardboard tasting "Pizza" on inside.

Any Pizza favorites in PP? People rave about Kati Peri but I was not that impressed. Pizza company is awful. I find Sarpinos tolerable but that does not say too much.

Cheers,

RD
7-11 does large pizzas for $5.55; they make domino's taste good. Papa John's is my favorite US chain.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Tower Pizza II, top of st172. Great European style pizza, made by a camp frog with pretty good prices.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Kampong Spooner wrote:Tower Pizza II, top of st172. Great European style pizza, made by a camp frog with pretty good prices.
How do you know he's camp?

Did you order salami and get pizza ass?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Rain Dog wrote:Of all the big franchise pizza chains in the USA, Dominoes was my least favorite. Cardboard box on outside -- cardboard tasting "Pizza" on inside.

Cheers,

RD
++++ Cardboard, tomato sauce, & cheese-like-product. I can't gag down any fast food except Popeye's, Pollo Loco, & local burrito shops. Limoncello is my pizza go to in PP. Pasta as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic