Irish Tourist Says He was Sent to 'Covid Camp' in Cambodia After False Positive Test Result

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Irish Tourist Says He was Sent to 'Covid Camp' in Cambodia After False Positive Test Result

Post by Chuck Borris »

Without people like him we would still climb the trees.

All foreigners who come to the Kingdom of Cambodia are allowed to be treated at the hotel or residence or the place of their choice without having to go to the hospital or Covid-19 Medical Center.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501011457/ ... -cambodia/
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Irish Tourist Says He was Sent to 'Covid Camp' in Cambodia After False Positive Test Result

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:07 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:11 am dam:
but why are there no other people there?
That's what I was thinking too, no blankets, pillows, nothing! seems very new and clean for a place full of Khmers sleeping.
He posted several videos in the Cambodia Quarantine Experience group on Facebook which showed many other people who were also quarantined there... before he was made to remove all his posts and post a picture of his apology letter
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:40 am Anyway I'm calling bull shit on this story, why no pictures of his bed?
It was not bullshit, I personally spoke to him via video chat, and he posted dozens of videos which proved he was being quarantined at the Youth Sport Club along with many others, majority of which were locals.

A very stupid idea to escape the facility, he was lucky he wasn't fined for doing so.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I hope he's out of Cambodia now ?
Good thing he made these posts, he's certainly less a clown as a tourist in this situation than the people on the payroll to enforce this circus, also more professional as an instant reporter than the "journalists" giving half the related data, too much of private data, and pixelating random parts of photos in the various reported articles from the forum.

An Irish ginger escaping stupid orders given without care nor informations, in a country which tourism is the main asset and where many people speak English, seems just about right to me.
I might have done the same if in the same situation.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I skimmed the post and didn't realize he'd escaped. What a douche nozzle. He hasn't been deported? I would have guessed if someone escapes they get deported.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Escaping wasn't the best of ideas but in his situation, with only shorts and a t-shirt to get along I would also be feeling pretty desperate.

The good thing is now we do not have to worry about getting tested and hauled away to a camp.
Obviously the relevant authorities also agreed that it was not in the nations best interest to on one hand say "Hey we are open for business!" but on the other threat new customers this way.

Kudos to the ginger I say, and props to MoH for acting swiftly!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Stark contrast to an aussie gent that was recently identified as being on a positive case aircraft on arrival, but only after 2 or 3 days after release. Authorities contacted his place of stay, a well known bar, and told them to isolate him, but he's out and about after a few days only. No once cares. Its all a facade.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

FrankReynolds wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:44 pm Stark contrast to an aussie gent that was recently identified as being on a positive case aircraft on arrival, but only after 2 or 3 days after release. Authorities contacted his place of stay, a well known bar, and told them to isolate him, but he's out and about after a few days only. No once cares. Its all a facade.
It's all a facade.

Yep, that describes life to a tee.
Argus
Tourist

Post by Argus »

nemo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:41 pm
Argus wrote:
For what is he apologizing? He did nothing wrong at all.
Other than abscond from designated quarantine
Good point. You are right of course.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Good story to tell when back home. He has survived. What counts.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic