Irish Tourist Says He was Sent to 'Covid Camp' in Cambodia After False Positive Test Result

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Irish Tourist Says He was Sent to 'Covid Camp' in Cambodia After False Positive Test Result

Post by IraHayes »

Has anyone reached out to him for a comment?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Irish Tourist Says He was Sent to 'Covid Camp' in Cambodia After False Positive Test Result

Post by Clutch Cargo »

xandreu wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:28 am This came out a few days ago and yesterday the policy changed to allow those with Omicron to be treated in their own homes.

Hmm...
Def sounds like there could be a connection there after those pics went viral and the deterrent effect to tourists wanting to travel here.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

atst wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 am
Clutch Cargo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:20 am
atst wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:07 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:11 am dam:
but why are there no other people there?
That's what I was thinking too, no blankets, pillows, nothing! seems very new and clean for a place full of Khmers sleeping.
On another forum he said he didn't want to take pics of the locals there out of privacy and respect.
I read that but where's the blankets rubbish phone charges, to me nobody has ever slept there.
Since they stopped testing I imagine there is less people going to these places. However we don't know how far those rows of beds stretches in the other directions.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Anyway I'm calling bull shit on this story, why no pictures of his bed?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Argus
Tourist

Post by Argus »

For what is he apologizing? He did nothing wrong at all.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Argus wrote:For what is he apologizing? He did nothing wrong at all.
He made Cambodia "look bad" is my guess. Especially when it comes to COVID, they want absolutely no criticisms, constructive or not. They're ultra sensitive in painting a rosy picture (a common trait of many similar...regimes). Social media sucks in many ways, but at least it can help keep governments/people with authority on their toes. Lots of positive change here in the past eight years or so has come from netizens complaining. Then again, as a foreigner living here it's not really your business to say much. As a tourist though, he can post whatever he wants I'd say. If accurate, it's a valid criticism that other tourists would want to aware of.
Last edited by Bitte_Kein_Lexus on Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Argus wrote:
For what is he apologizing? He did nothing wrong at all.
Other than abscond from designated quarantine
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Maybe I'm being a little unfair, but, well, you're in a fucking Cambodian COVID quarantine centre! What were you expecting - ironed linen sheets, fruit platters served by nineteen year old goddesses with marigolds pulling back one side of their hair, and a complimentary bottle of Veuve Clicquot?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Whiny fucker, lucky to be let off so light for fleeing quarantine
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:57 pm Maybe I'm being a little unfair, but, well, you're in a fucking Cambodian COVID quarantine centre! What were you expecting - ironed linen sheets, fruit platters served by nineteen year old goddesses with marigolds pulling back one side of their hair, and a complimentary bottle of Veuve Clicquot?
Right? Dude posted an indepth story about his visit to fucking Toul sleng and how it happened 40 years ago.. then goes on to complain about his quality of life in a fucking covid center in said country, really makes you wonder if he has all his marbles or not
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic