Covid test

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Fatima
Tourist

Covid test

Post by Fatima »

Hi, I am looking for information on whether we require a pcr test prior to boarding from Sydney to Phnom Penh for our one year old. No one can tell me. Does any one know this ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Covid test

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

YES! ALL travellers, including infants, require a negative pre-flight C19 PCR test to travel to and enter Cambodia.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pre-Flight COVID-19 PCR Test Requirements:

Sharing this as there are still many travellers who are being denied check-in/boarding/transfer or entry on arrival due to not meeting the minimum requirements.

It is a requirement for ALL travellers, including Cambodian Nationals, and babies/children to have a negative COVID-19 PCR Test prior to travelling to Cambodia, the requirements are outlined in an official directive issued by the RGC, however individual experiences will differ depending on the airlines people travel with, the airlines check-in staff, and even the MoH officials on arrival, but at a minimum follow the below guidelines to avoid disappointment.

NOTE: Covid recovery certificates are not acceptable.

1. TIMING: PCR Test to be conducted no more than 72 hours prior to ARRIVAL in Cambodia. (As of Nov 15th 2021, prior to that it was 72hrs prior to departure)

***Note: Ensure you check transit destination requirements also as they may differ to Cambodia's requirements ie. Transit through Singapore currently requires travellers to have conducted their PCR test no more than 48 hrs prior to departure for many travellers.

2. MEDICAL CERTIFICATE/LAB REPORT: Ensure that the Lab Report/ Medical Certificate meets the following requirements and includes the details mentioned:

• Original hard copy (not photocopy or electronic),

• Printed on Clinic/Testing Facilities/Physicians letterhead and includes name, address & contact details,

• Travelers Full Name, Date of Birth/Age and Passport Number (as per passport bio-page),

• Type of Test (MUST state PCR or RT-PCR),

• Date of Test (ideally time also, as people have faced issues with airlines when there has been no time of testing annotated)
*Note: Strongly advise you to ensure that the standard time format of Day-Month-Year is used ie. 14-03-21, 14-03-2012, 14 March 2021. Other formats, in particular the US format of Month-Day-Year, may cause confusion and has resulted in travellers being denied check-in/boarding/transfer.

• Test Result (MUST state Negative or Not detected)

• Wet ink signature & stamp of the clinic/testing facility/doctor
*Note: If unable to get the ink stamp from where you received your lab report, then either take the lab report to a GP/Clinic and ask them to confirm the report by producing a Medical Certificate...or, some people have had success with an “Original” stamp from a stationary store, although the latter option is not recommended & *should only be used as a last resort, there are no guarantees this will be accepted by all parties checking your documents.

***Note: The official directive states “Medical Certificate”, although most lab reports meet the criteria, people have been denied boarding for not having a separate medical certificate accompanying the lab reports (ie. Air NZ from Auckland), ensure you double check the requirements in advance with the airlines you are flying with.

Examples posted below.

Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

maybe its not the right topic, mods: change it if neccessary:
I did this morning my PCR in Institut Pasteur on Monivong. Its a little hard to find, there is a restaurant called CALMETTE, and in fact it the entrance just next to it: pre-appointement made days before, when in, there is a list on the recepcion-window with all the names from those who have appointement, look for yours, then they give you a "follow-up-ticket-number", just after it on your right side is the test-facility, just wait until its your number on the screen, took for me less then 15 minutes, the swab is not to bad as it was in the airport. And thats it, just walk out. Had to go this afternoon 4 pm again for the results, same intrence, but go 20 meter further to the main building, same system, take a number and wait your turn, took again about 15 minutes, then you go to nr 3 or nr 4, pay the 80 dollars, they send you to nr 1, and they give you the signed certificate. All straight-ahead, friendly people and all speak english. Normally i should pick up results tomorrow morning, why i had it same day: no idea !! ?? Fly tomorrow 7.25 pm, plenty of time to get drunk my last time here !! Cheers Phnom Penh !!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:49 pm maybe its not the right topic, mods: change it if neccessary:
I did this morning my PCR in Institut Pasteur on Monivong. Its a little hard to find, there is a restaurant called CALMETTE, and in fact it the entrance just next to it: pre-appointement made days before, when in, there is a list on the recepcion-window with all the names from those who have appointement, look for yours, then they give you a "follow-up-ticket-number", just after it on your right side is the test-facility, just wait until its your number on the screen, took for me less then 15 minutes, the swab is not to bad as it was in the airport. And thats it, just walk out. Had to go this afternoon 4 pm again for the results, same intrence, but go 20 meter further to the main building, same system, take a number and wait your turn, took again about 15 minutes, then you go to nr 3 or nr 4, pay the 80 dollars, they send you to nr 1, and they give you the signed certificate. All straight-ahead, friendly people and all speak english. Normally i should pick up results tomorrow morning, why i had it same day: no idea !! ?? Fly tomorrow 7.25 pm, plenty of time to get drunk my last time here !! Cheers Phnom Penh !!
So, they told you exactly when to come back to get the result and certificate, right?
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:49 pm maybe its not the right topic, mods: change it if neccessary:
How did you made appointment? My friend mailed them 3 days ago without any response.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic