Cheapest hotels in Phnom PenhIf

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheapest hotels in Phnom PenhIf

Post by Chuck Borris »

OP are you a hotel owner? Why you give a fuck about this two tossers?
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Ivan Idea
Tourist
Russia

Post by Ivan Idea »

A guy on 118 street in a bar just told me he's owed over $25,000 by William Dean Wendel & Alastair Thomas Campbell. He invested in their Thai company, awaiting containers delivered. 12 months ago. They told him problems with Thai government and its not easy to solve because they are in Phnom Penh and covid restrictions. The company is called Sun Ray bullion group company limited. Assets 4 million baht. William Dean Wendel is director Alastair Campbell is share holder. HaHa costs about $20 to register a company name. People please be aware of these 2 guys.
Ivan Idea
Tourist
Russia

Post by Ivan Idea »

I'm posting these comments to warn good honest people that Scammers are rife in Phnom Penh. I've not been scammed but now I know a lot of good people have lost money. They won't report to the police because they don't want repercussions.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:14 pm
truffledog wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:14 am Never forget it takes only a few bills in Cambodia to find somebody to seriously hurt you. Here we are talking about serious debts..I have seen people getting hurt for much less.

Who is this guy, and where are the serious injuries?

I just see a scratch
sorry could not post a picture of his balls.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just want to chime in on the Silver Mounts/ex-Silver River Hotel on 172; haven't been there for at least a year and things can change, but I've stayed there a few times over the years, and have sent people there, and have no complaints with the hotel or the service.

Seems like the only complaint is that the hotel staff there got scammed, but this only makes it more likely that they will be more vigilant in the future and will ask for payment upfront.
Ivan Idea
Tourist
Russia

Post by Ivan Idea »

I've never stayed at those hotel. The ones I've stayed at the staff were very helpful and polite. Could be that the owners Don't want the police involved. Bars don't want the police involved, only small money owed to bars. But you multiple the amount of money, example $50 to each bar in Phnom Penh it really becomes BIG money. Then multiply the amount of hotels by their loses and the figures are probably over a $100,000. Scammers know this.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I find it hard to believe that places like Seasons Apartments, Silver River Hotel and even City Lodge would allow these guys to run up unpaid bills in the thousands. These are not 2 bit guesthouse places and would have security or the police kick you out in no time.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Don't you just love these new anonymous members naming names with tall tales and claiming to warn others in an act of community spirit.

I suspect they knocked you for $100 and that made a big difference to your life.
Ivan Idea
Tourist
Russia

Post by Ivan Idea »

Hello Mr Anonymous Doc. So what's your real name. When you can read correctly you will read that I said I wasn't scammed. I'm just making good honest people aware of what can happen. I'm not making anonymous [Mod edit: no need for name calling] like you aware.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Ivan Idea wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm Hello Mr Anonymous Doc. So what's your real name. When you can read correctly you will read that I said I wasn't scammed. I'm just making good honest people aware of what can happen. I'm not making anonymous [Mod edit: no need for name calling] like you aware.
You weren't scammed hey? What is this you posted back in October 2021?

post515894.html#p515894

Re: 'Malevolent Cretin' Accused of Doing a Runner in Phnom Penh
Post by Ivan Idea » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:33 am

Sorry to hear your story. I've been scammed by 2 guys here. One a tall American named Will. His partner is a Scottish guy named Alastair. They owe people, bars, hotel restaurant $1000s. They are pure scam artists. They say they have a company in Thailand. Always waiting for money paid into ABA bank here.

:please:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic