Found wallet

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Found wallet

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

In the mid 70s a friend of mine was in Kabul on his way back to UK from India. He checked under the mattress in his cheap dirty hotel and found a load of dollars, I forget how much but he turned round and went back to Goa
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by WillieW »

When changing desks in my room at Peachy guesthouse in Bangkok I once found taped to the bottom of the desk a huge lump of sticky black hashish.
Be your own toy.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I really need to start snooping in hotel rooms in future.

BTW that wallet's mine, thanks.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Der...
If it had no money inside it was an expat's not a tourist's.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

In 2016 i was some time in Golden House on 136-street. After i went with an other girl to Snooky to find out i lost my old-cheap-spannish-nokia phone, worth nothing, but all my spanish-columbian-h***ers phone- numbers where in, ooooh shit, it must have been the lady i banged the week before (Mom, the one who took over Pancheaus Bar on 51 when he died !!°. I mailed the hotel just to check, but they didnt found anything in my room: Shit happens !! But weeks later when i arrived in belgium again i get a mail from the hotel again; They found my old Nokia in Laundry. Hallelujaaahhh !! I asked them to send it back to Europe, but knever get a reply from them. 2 years later i was having coffee in the morning just in front of the hotel at the Norwegians Guesthouse Nordic, and remmebered about the phone: I just give it a try, who knows: When i entered at recepcion, the recepcionist (i think daughter from the owner, khmer-chinese) just smiled to me and before asking she gave me my old Nokia back !! Only in Cambodia, hahaha. Had some Leonidas-belgian chocolates in my hotel room for the usual bad-girl around and was very happy to give it to this girl. Since then every-time i feel bad i knever stayed again in this hotel, really nice people and i think still the same now !!
GARVEY
Tourist

Post by GARVEY »

atst wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:09 am do something nice to someone with the $$ if owner can't be notified.
I can’t do that it’s not my money to spend.

I went into Palace Gate and the front desk staff wasn’t aware of any guest losing a wallet. I’ll wait another day or two and then hope if I turn it into the police that maybe someone has already reported losing it to them and can be reunited with it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

GARVEY wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 am I’ll wait another day or two and then hope if I turn it into the police that maybe someone has already reported losing it to them and can be reunited with it.
Why? They will just spend it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

"turn it into the police that maybe someone has already reported losing it to them and can be reunited with it " Honestly not saying the TP are dishonest or anything :shock: but I would just give the police same info you posted here and your number if not 99% it will go straight into their pockets. If you feel the nee to give it away if not claimed there are loads more poor folks around that could use it more so then the tourist police.
In my humble opinion
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

GARVEY wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 am
atst wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:09 am do something nice to someone with the $$ if owner can't be notified.
I can’t do that it’s not my money to spend.

I went into Palace Gate and the front desk staff wasn’t aware of any guest losing a wallet. I’ll wait another day or two and then hope if I turn it into the police that maybe someone has already reported losing it to them and can be reunited with it.
take the $$ out , no reason to give it to the cops>

BUT good idea to turn in the wallet, someone might report it missing
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

Taking money from a wallet and then turning it in can lead to you being arrested. What if the police start asking questions?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic