Tested Positive on Arrival?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Tested Positive on Arrival?

Post by ItWasntMe »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:41 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:35 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:38 am A tourists experience of testing positive prior to departing Cambodia in Siem Reap....
Mindboggling. Have to suppose this person had no insurance or money for a real hospital, also with little knowledge of Cambodia and how things work here. I have a hard time seeing myself ending up in a place like that but yea, shit happens.
He has insurance and the Insurance company have been trying to get him moved, but the MoH are not permitting it. He tested negative yesterday, needs to retest 2 days later and if that's negative he'll be released.
That is pretty messed up.

In these times where all will likely get infected we better stay away from tests 👍

Edit: Take note that not being vaccinated will increase your chances of getting sick enough to go a nice hospital instead of jail. Because shit makes sense!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:56 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:11 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:04 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:43 am Have insurance. If nobody understands use your dollars to get to a place where somebody knows what's up ie a private hospital. Stay in control of the situation basically.
Insurance isn't going to pay for a hospital stay for an asymptomatic person. They will tell you to sit it out and report back when you've fallen really ill.
Never heard of insurance scam? ;) Let them give you a private room and a case of beer call it a day!

Where do the Okhnas go though? On a wooden bed in a concentration camp? Hard to believe there is no options.

No plans of finding out however
Where do the Okhnas go, I would not have thought like yourself that question would be answered. I would think also with the end of self-isolation at home, even with the best insurance policies to you and myself, the Okhnas would be even so better placed.
Yea I'm sure they are not stressing the situation. Just trying to say that by all logics there should be options.

Though generally the more people that know of your circumstances the harder it becomes to find a loophole.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

At the rate Omicron apparently spreads, seems to me it won't be long before these 'places' will be overrun? I hope they won't commission more like this..

Also doesn't bode well for opening up to visas on arrival..
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 pm At the rate Omicron apparently spreads, seems to me it won't be long before these 'places' will be overrun? I hope they won't commission more like this..

Nope, I had a whole bunch of people ready to come in for business, but since these posts about the centers came out all travel has been put on hold. No point in going in or out right now.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 pm At the rate Omicron apparently spreads, seems to me it won't be long before these 'places' will be overrun? I hope they won't commission more like this..

...only if we have enough people coming in with it. If they choke off travel it could take many months to get passed this. Let's just hope that these quarantine places and their transport systems are weak enough to let this thing get out there and make all their efforts futile.

I can't understand why HE was willing to play fast and loose with Delta but is now running scared of Omicron.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:27 pm

...only if we have enough people coming in with it. If they choke off travel it could take many months to get passed this. Let's just hope that these quarantine places and their transport systems are weak enough to let this thing get out there and make all their efforts futile.

I can't understand why HE was willing to play fast and loose with Delta but is now running scared of Omicron.
I had thought these places were not just for inbound travellers but also locals who for whatever reason got tested. I maybe wrong on that in which case you're right. Anyway, I daresay locals are probably reluctant to test unless it was part of some employment condition or govt requirement.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm I had thought these places were not just for inbound travellers but also locals who for whatever reason got tested. I maybe wrong on that in which case you're right. Anyway, I daresay locals are probably reluctant to test unless it was part of some employment condition or govt requirement.
They are for everyone, not just inbound/outbound travellers. However, most people resident in Cambodia are permitted to self-quarantine at home, unless the MoH deems their residence unsuitable, or they test positive for Omicron.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:27 pm

I had thought these places were not just for inbound travellers but also locals who for whatever reason got tested. I maybe wrong on that in which case you're right. Anyway, I daresay locals are probably reluctant to test unless it was part of some employment condition or govt requirement.
Many do/did test employees, although that might have slowly been reduced or abandoned by now. Anyway, a lateral flow test that comes back as positive wont tell you if it is Omicron, so you'll probably just get sent home. It's the PCR's to be avoided at all costs.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

My son flew in on Tuesday from Brisbane via Singapore. He tested negative on arrival.
Today he got a call from the airport saying that someone on the flight had tested positive for Omicron, and that if he feels unwell he should get tested.
(He's currently feeling fine).
He said that on the Singapore to Phnom Penh leg he wore 2 masks.

He's hoping to fly out again next Wednesday.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:14 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm I had thought these places were not just for inbound travellers but also locals who for whatever reason got tested. I maybe wrong on that in which case you're right. Anyway, I daresay locals are probably reluctant to test unless it was part of some employment condition or govt requirement.
They are for everyone, not just inbound/outbound travellers. However, most people resident in Cambodia are permitted to self-quarantine at home, unless the MoH deems their residence unsuitable, or they test positive for Omicron.

less severe in every way but still more restrictions, makes sense

Tweet from John burn-murdoch, who seems to know what he is talking about

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic