Tested Positive on Arrival?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Tested Positive on Arrival?

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:34 pm if you have the Forte COVID-19 Insurance policy, there will be no out of pocket expenses, if you have your own private travel health insurance you will have to pay up front and wait until your insurance provider reimburses you. See a small selection of pictures below
Another issue is that private insurance may not cover mild sickness (as Omicron cases are likely to be). This problem is being addressed by the Thai authorities.
Are you sure that the Forte policy will cover this?

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... -insurance

many infected tourists struggle with insurance policies taken out in their home countries prior to travel, as most policies will not cover treatment if a Covid-19 patient only has mild symptoms.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@armchairlawyer The dedicated Forte COVID-19 insurance policy for travellers covers all expenses (as detailed in the policy) for anyone who tests positive on arrival in Cambodia and is sent to one of the Government hospitals/quarantine centres, regardless of whether actually sick or not.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

What's the equivalent visa now, to what used to be a tourist visa issued on arrival?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:22 pm What's the equivalent visa now, to what used to be a tourist visa issued on arrival?
T-type (Tourist) Visa in advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, or e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) from www.evisa.gov.kh
Plenty of other threads dedicated to Visas and the current entry requirements restrictions.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:38 pm @armchairlawyer The dedicated Forte COVID-19 insurance policy for travellers covers all expenses (as detailed in the policy) for anyone who tests positive on arrival in Cambodia and is sent to one of the Government hospitals/quarantine centres, regardless of whether actually sick or not.
I had a look at the Forte policy.
You are right, it does cover the hospitalisation costs regardless of the severity of the symptoms. The trigger is in fact a positive lab test, rather thn the antigen test done at the airport. It does not cover quarantine costs if someone tests positive on your flight but as we have already said, the current practice is not to quarantine.
The max coverage is $50k but I don't know how anyone would get near that figure becuase the indivdual maxima are low (and bear a strong correlation to the charges laid out in your government hospital charges list). So hospital room and board is maxed at $75 ($320 in ICU) for example.
Do you know of anyone who has had private hospital treatment under the Forte policy?

https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19-insurance/
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:14 pm I know of two people, on separate flights, who recently tested negative on arrival at PNH but were on flights with positive cases. Both were free to go home.
I would think it likely that there are now positive cases on most flights, given the infectiousness of Omicron.
Wonder how many westerners and other travellers/tourists that have tested positive at the airport and are kept at the "covid hospitals"? I guess that some of the imported cases maybe are cambodians returning home🤔
anasko
Tourist
Ukraine

Post by anasko »

I tested positive on arrival last month spent 8 days at Chak Angre and they let me go after I tested negative twice
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

anasko wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:07 am I tested positive on arrival last month spent 8 days at Chak Angre and they let me go after I tested negative twice
What was it like staying at Chak Angre?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:42 pm Do you know of anyone who has had private hospital treatment under the Forte policy?
https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19-insurance/
The Forte COVID-19 insurance policy only covers Government Hospital/quarantine facility...not private Hospital.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Raggepepsi57 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 am Wonder how many westerners and other travellers/tourists that have tested positive at the airport and are kept at the "covid hospitals"? I guess that some of the imported cases maybe are cambodians returning home🤔
In the past few weeks there has been a shitload of Foreigners reporting testing positive on arrival, many of which were tourists who have only come here for a short holiday....not a great idea to risk travelling to Cambodia for a short holiday at the moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic