another party at no 10

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

another party at no 10

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

It has just been on the news. There was a going away party at no 10 the night before prince Phillips funeral and went on until the early hours. I think this is the last straw and Boris will be gone by the end of the month.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: another party at no 10

Post by hanno »

Normally, I would say that is the straw that broke the Camel's back, but BJ seems to get away with everything.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

The public should do a mass protest in the street, again.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:48 pm Image
Not so sure that did not happen in other countries too. The tabloids in Britain might be unsavoury, but they are good at finding those skeletons in the closet.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

hanno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:19 pm Not so sure that did not happen in other countries too. The tabloids in Britain might be unsavoury, but they are good at finding those skeletons in the closet.
Oh i'm sure it did, in mine too, some similar kind of events.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

The front page of the BBC News site right now is a stark reminder of the kind of elite that currently makes up the ruling classes that we are supposed to look up to. They award themselves names like 'The right honourable member for Whatever', 'Lord and Lady Suchandsuch' and 'The Duke / Duchess of (in this case, York)' - yet they are clearly at worst, the dregs of society, and at best, no different to anyone else, but have somehow managed to win life's lottery by just happening to have been born with that fabled silver spoon hanging out of their oversized, pompous gobs.

I'm not a monarchist, far from it, but I do have a lot of respect for the Queen. It's just the system I'm against. But the truth is that we have one of her sons, a (now ex) member of the ruling elite, currently embroiled in an extremely damaging sex scandal, a Prime Minister that is not only absolutely incapable of following his own rules, but has no regard or concern whatsover for those in his inner circle who also believe that the rules don't apply to them, and, it would seem, the entire staff of the very heart of power of the UK, Number 10, who literally within minutes of creating laws that everyone else is expected to abide by, break them themselves and have a good old jolly while old married couples are unable to even say goodbye to their loves ones who are dying in hospital beds up and down the country.

The UK is in a very, very bad place right now. It's the laughing stock of the world. Quite how Johnson is still leading it is simply astounding. To wait until he is forcibly removed from the role rather than do the honourable thing and simply resign tells you absolutely everything you need to know about the man.

This situation is on a par with the expenses scandal back in the late 2000's where politicians from all sides were caught with their hands in the till, claiming for second mortgages and duck houses at the tax payers expense. The public are as incensed now as they were then but it's same problem. Where do they turn? Who can a society turn to when it's the people at the very top who are the cause of it all? Considering laws have clearly been broken, this should now be a police investigation. Prime Minister or no Prime Minister. Number 10 or no Number 10. Unless arrests are made, including, if necessary, Johnson himself, public trust in the system will completely collapse, if they haven't already.

But we all know that chances of that happening, don't we?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kick out the clowns, yes and ho

There's so much working material for some extra seasons of The Thick of It, it's fucking indecent

Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

hanno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:19 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:48 pm Image
Not so sure that did not happen in other countries too. The tabloids in Britain might be unsavoury, but they are good at finding those skeletons in the closet.
You inspired me....

What, Me worry?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

To be fair, we had our own Frog scandal, with some famous high end restaurant welcoming ministers and such while the whole country was in confinement.

Outrageous and so French due to the unevitable connection with food, again.

Shameless but predictable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic