Cambodian Prime Minister Loses $5,000 on Pacquiao/Mayweather

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Prime Minister Loses $5,000 on Pacquiao/Mayweather

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

While giving the speech at the launching ceremony on a new read, the prime minister took some time to comment on the boxing result of Manny pacquiao vs Floyd mayweather. He claimed that it was really unfair for Manny Pacquiao, he should had won it. He also stressed that this is the corruption act in USA. In addition, he also confirmed that he lost $5000 USD in the bet.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Cambodia Prime Minister lost $ 5000 USD in boxing bet

Post by Duncan »

$5000 is his 4 months salary gone. He's lucky he has a big family he can rely on to help him out for a while.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

:facepalm: Shamed!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I thought sports betting was illegal here?
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

kiwiincambodia wrote:I thought sports betting was illegal here?
Does Naga allow sports betting? Have yet to go there
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Rain Dog wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:I thought sports betting was illegal here?
Does Naga allow sports betting? Have yet to go there
They didn't in the past but someone told me they have now opened up a counter for betting on sports. I have yet to check it out so I don't know if you can bet on any sport on only select sports. It will probably last as long as their horse racing section that was only open for a couple of months before being shut down again

I will let you know if / when I do go and check this out.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Undated from PPP about Prime Minister's comment on the result of fight of the century

Prime Minister HE has ripped into the judges of Sunday’s “fight of the century” between Filipino Manny Pacquiao and American Floyd Mayweather, slamming the result as “unbelievable” and questioning the US ring judges’ bias.

At the opening of a road in Pursat yesterday, the premier labelled the result “too bad” and expressed dismay that the victory was given to Mayweather.

“It was brilliant, my best friend,” he said sarcastically, referring to the United States.

“The whole world reacted, and it was not a small reaction; it was so big because Floyd [Mayweather] was always running and protecting, but Pacquiao always beat him into the corner of the ring.”

“I clearly know about the US now,” he later added. “Before, I knew about the US, but not like [today].”

All three judges unanimously gave the 12-round bout to Mayweather, with two scoring the fight at 116-112 in the American’s favour, and another 118-110.

Mayweather fought defensively, constantly evading the notoriously fast and aggressive Pacquiao, but nevertheless landed 67 more punches, according to the Guardian newspaper.

“I would like to send a message to the US judges: please give an explanation as to why Floyd won,” the premier added. “Please make a slideshow.”

US embassy spokesman Jay Raman declined to comment on the premier’s remarks.

HE has been fond of remarking during his career that “international standards exist only in sports” when faced with criticisms on issues such as human rights or democratic governance.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Prime Minister Loses $5,000 on Pacquiao/Maywea

Update from Asian Correspondent

Report: Cambodia PM refuses to pay $5,000 Pacquiao-Mayweather bet

Cambodian Prime Minister HE says he will not pay up on a US$5,000 bet he placed on Saturday’s Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr fight in Las Vegas because the result – given to Mayweather in a unanimous decision – was unfair.

The Cambodia Daily reports that HE launched into a 15-minute tirade about the “injustice created by the judges” at an event in Pursat province Monday.

“I send a message to American judges to provide an explanation for why Floyd won,” he said. “Floyd was just running around—blocking and avoiding—while Pacquiao repeatedly threw more and more punches, punching him to lie against the ropes.”

“I didn’t expect that American judges would be so weak,” he added. “I just know America clearly now. Judges made a unanimous decision to make a winner become a loser.”

Speaking about a US$5,000 bet he placed on the fight in favor of Pacquiao, he said: “Now if we are talking about yesterday’s fight, I owe you, but I will not pay.”

http://asiancorrespondent.com/132666/re ... ather-bet/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Ha! Gotta love this guy. That was about 4 month of his salary, so he might be struggling now..
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

General Mackevili wrote:Ha! Gotta love this guy. That was about 4 month of his salary, so he might be struggling now..
How about passing the hat for him? I chip in an unused 100riel-note to get us started.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic