My Unfortunate Dealings with Steve Wornes and his company Dyno Tuned.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: My Unfortunate Dealings with Steve Wornes and his company Dyno Tuned.

Post by canucklhead »

Have to agree the OP is not full of shit.
Buying a bike here bigger than a 125 is a road full of potholes and legal hassles. Best get on the ground first and check it out.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:27 pm Have to agree the OP is not full of shit.
Buying a bike here bigger than a 125 is a road full of potholes and legal hassles. Best get on the ground first and check it out.
Even up here in Siem Reap I have heard tales of this guy at Dyna Tunes. With his reputation I am surprised he gets any business at all. I certainly wont be taking my Phantom Ta200 anywhere near him ( thats if I ever get to ride it to PP).
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I messaged him recently about doing some work and he was a little sharp with his replies then didn’t respond if he could recommend a place in PP.

Odd guy.

He’s posting a lot about doing big rebuild jobs but not one picture of a happy customer picking up their ride.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

As a regular customer, I don't really feel the need to take pictures when I pick up my bike from a service. I'd still say if you have a Harley or similar large cruiser type bike, he's still the best guy to take your bike to in town, if you're on a hairdryer/rice cooker, just use the local mechanics. Not sure on his record on big sport bikes, can't recommend on that, but have seen some 400s/600s, etc being worked on there in my time.

I think like any business large or small, he's got his regulars and he's got his detractors as with the main topic here. My experience has been nothing but excellent, and I know personally two other customers who use him regularly and wouldn't take their ride anywhere else.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

SlowJoe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:53 pm I've heard nothing but bad things about Steve, and this comes from many people who didn't know each other who each dealt with him separately.

Sorry this happened to you but none of it surprises me.
Just another sad story, Cambodia is full of low lives.
Boredom is like a shroud
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Sad but typically Cambodian expat story. I knew the OP for many years in Cambodia and always found him to be honest and trustworthy. Unfortunately this Worms character is obviously the complete opposite.
At least he has one mate, Spigzy who seems to be under Worms spell. Getting a bike serviced regularly is not the same as getting involved in selling several bikes for quite a large sum of money.
In Australia the chap would be dealt with quite severely. I am surprised that he is still walking around in Phnom Penh. What a cunt he is.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

hdgh29 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:28 am
canucklhead wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:27 pm Have to agree the OP is not full of shit.
Even up here in Siem Reap I have heard tales of this guy at Dyna Tunes. With his reputation I am surprised he gets any business at all. I certainly wont be taking my Phantom Ta200 anywhere near him ( thats if I ever get to ride it to PP).
Riding a phantom Ta200 (Honda Shadow) back home would be a bit like sleeping with a fat chick, Their both kinda fun until your friends find out. :dragonchase:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:49 pm At least he has one mate, Spigzy who seems to be under Worms spell.
That’s rather unfair and inaccurate, don’t you think? His (Spigzy) comments are related to his direct experience, and having not had any issues. Balance.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Wornes is presently holding what looks a lot like a fire sale.

5k gets a lucky buyer all of his tools, equipment and stock and, if one wants it, the chance to extend the shop lease with his landlord

if I had 5k for an impulse buy I would take that stuff myself and move it to my house

He's also selling a great many personal items at low prices
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic