How to plan a Traffic Jam

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

How to plan a Traffic Jam

Post by Tootsfriend »

I can imagine the traffic jam with all the cars, trucks and busses arriving in the center of Phnom Penh at the Old Market. Does Riverside really need an ugly concrete bridge for tourist to look at

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501004393/ ... locations/

He said the first location for the bridge could be near the water supply office on Keo Chenda Road in Chroy Changva district but they are also considering crossing the river from Old Market in Daun Penh district.
He added that if the bridge is a cable bridge, it will not only attract tourists and locals but also South Koreans residing in the Kingdom.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: How to plan a Traffic Jam

Post by Darkcel »

Chroy changva is already a cluster fuck near both roundabouts, I can only see this making everything absolutely worse.

Especially since a majority of the roads in chroy changva are barely two lane roads..
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Crossing the river bridges of Phnom Penh in rush hour traffic is just a nightmare. Chroy changva bridge was updated not long ago. The one I cross is the old monavong bridge. I am sure that just a simple division for motos lane only would help with the easing of jams. keeping out the tuk-tuks.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:51 pm Crossing the river bridges of Phnom Penh in rush hour traffic is just a nightmare. Chroy changva bridge was updated not long ago. The one I cross is the old monavong bridge. I am sure that just a simple division for motos lane only would help with the easing of jams. keeping out the tuk-tuks.
Seriously, a bridge solely for Motos would be perfect, until a Prius decides it can fit
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Speaking of bridges, I don't know what happened in Ta Khmau a few days ago, but I got stuck in a 4 km long line of cars. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get from Prek Eng to Ta Khmau bridge...can't imagine the other areas with more people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic