Business Visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
abcdeteacherKOW
Expatriate
Cambodia

Business Visa

Post by abcdeteacherKOW »

I want to return. I see business VOA are still not available. Understand covid negative, insurance, requirements etc. I intend to enter without any visa in place on a 30 day tourist visa obtained upon arrival. I am assuming this is possible. I then intend to transfer this to a one year business visa. I do not have work yet in place, but can get it after I arrive. Taught there for many years and have contacts.

My question: Is this doable?

Can I show up, get tourist visa on arrival and then transfer to one year business visa immediately (one week) afterward?

I can't keep up with all these changes.
I appeal to you all for information.

Thankyou in advance
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Business Visa

Post by John Bingham »

There never was any business VOA.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

apply for a tourist visa online before you go> there are NO VOA"s currently
after ur in country contact "call kim" https://call-kim.business.site/
seems conversions are possibly being done from tourist's visas to ordinary (work) visas

But, its Cambodia, things could change tomorrow
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

You assumed one or two things in your post and were a bit off the mark, you may also be wrong in assuming you can walk into a job easily, or that schools you knew before are still open or that they want to take on the cost of foreign teachers' salaries, work permits, quotas and so on when schools might end up closing again. I'm not trying to put a downer on you, just a heads-up that some things have changed.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

As far as I know everything is the same except you cannot get a VOA for the time being. You need to get a tourist visa before you arrive. Once here, the rest is the same - convert it to an EB visa within the month that the tourist visa is valid for.

Again, I'm led to believe (but don't quote me) that now that schools have re-opened, there is currently a foreign teacher shortage in the Kingdom, especially Phnom Penh, due to many of them returning home due to the pandemic and have yet to return. Logic would indicate this might be a good time to find employment here as a teacher but I'm going on hearsay, so make of it what you will.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The issuing of ALL Visas on Arrival remains suspended!

E-type (Ordinary) Visas (often incorrectly referred to as the Business Visa) can only be obtained in advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, with the exception of Taiwanese passport holders who can obtain it from the e-Visa website. The criteria varies from country to country, however most Embassies require applicants to provide extensive employment/business related supporting documentation from a registered Cambodian company.
abcdeteacherKOW
Expatriate
Cambodia

It's been a while. I forgot that there never were business VOA.
Didn't realize tourist VOA not possible.

A question... If I need to jump through hoops to get business visa in advance, why then would they allow an easy tourist visa in advance which can then be converted? Seems silly. I suppose this is what created some confusion with me.

As for teaching, I am expecting to nearly donate my time for the visa authorization. No grand expectations there.

Just miss teaching.
Miss the kids and the sun.
Can live cheap.

Thankyou all for the info!
abcdeteacherKOW
Expatriate
Cambodia

One last question directed at those of you who recently returned.
At any phase in the process, were you required to show proof of onward travel?

Pointedly, if I come in on a 30 day visa, do they expect an outgoing ticket upon completion?

Visa application process, immigration, etc.

Thanks..
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

abcdeteacherKOW wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am One last question directed at those of you who recently returned.
At any phase in the process, were you required to show proof of onward travel?

Pointedly, if I come in on a 30 day visa, do they expect an outgoing ticket upon completion?

Visa application process, immigration, etc.

Thanks..
I’ve come in on either the return portion of an old ticket, or a one way booking, several times. No issues.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

abcdeteacherKOW wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am if I come in on a 30 day visa, do they expect an outgoing ticket upon completion

Thanks..
A return flight booking/onward journey is not a requirement for entry into Cambodia, however some airlines have been insisting on travellers holding a T-type (Tourist) Visa or e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) to have a return flight booking. You can easily get a return flight reservation without actually booking one, there are multiple websites offering this service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic