Business Visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Business Visa

Post by ExPenhMan »

Is the Cambodia Tourist visa still a full-page sticker? I assume that when buying the Cambodia e-Visa, you get an emailed letter of approval and then take that to immigration on arrival like before.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 am Is the Cambodia Tourist visa still a full-page sticker? I assume that when buying the Cambodia e-Visa, you get an emailed letter of approval and then take that to immigration on arrival like before.
If you get the T-type (Tourist) Visa from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, then yes, it is a full page sticker, passport control will also put an entry stamp in your passport on arrival.

The e-Visa is just a print out which you present to passport control, and they put an Entry Stamp (not a full page sticker) in your passport.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:02 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 am Is the Cambodia Tourist visa still a full-page sticker? I assume that when buying the Cambodia e-Visa, you get an emailed letter of approval and then take that to immigration on arrival like before.
If you get the T-type (Tourist) Visa from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, then yes, it is a full page sticker, passport control will also put an entry stamp in your passport on arrival.

The e-Visa is just a print out which you present to passport control, and they put an Entry Stamp (not a full page sticker) in your passport.
I completely forgot there was a difference. The e-Visa wins, hands down. No page-wasting sticker. Thank you!
abcdeteacherKOW
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by abcdeteacherKOW »

Couple more please...

If I depart covid negative, but arrive covid positive, what is the procedure?

Also,
Is beer still possible in Siem Reap?
Saw post on PP which made me shudder...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

abcdeteacherKOW wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:02 am Couple more please...

If I depart covid negative, but arrive covid positive, what is the procedure?

Also,
Is beer still possible in Siem Reap?
Saw post on PP which made me shudder...
No, Siem Reap has recently declared itself an Islamic Caliphate and following Sharia Law beer will no longer be tolerated in the province. Please be respectful when visiting the Kingdom. :assasin:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:58 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:02 pm

I completely forgot there was a difference. The e-Visa wins, hands down. No page-wasting sticker. Thank you!
costs $6 more + $3 cc fee
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

abcdeteacherKOW wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:02 am If I depart covid negative, but arrive covid positive, what is the procedure?
You will be taken immediately to a Government quarantine/treatment facility, a confirmatory PCR test will be conducted, you must return 2 negative PCR tests to be released, at your own expense if you don't have insurance.
abcdeteacherKOW
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by abcdeteacherKOW »

Hello again. I wanted to reopen this post again due to seeing changes for March 2022.

I intend to move back to cambo for several years.
I realize E class visa and e-visa are not the same thing.
I don't want tourist e-visa.
I see they dropped insurance requirement.
I am fully vaccinated from USA.

My question:
Can I get an E Class visa on arrival without holding any proof of a job offer or documentation of such?

Like it used to be...

Information seems conflicting, states I need business invite to apply for E class business at embassy.
But then it states E class is now available again on arrival.

I taught for many years there, and I am sure I can get work, but I currently do not have an offer or invitation.

Can I show up, no visa in hand, and get an E class visa on arrival to search for work?

Please help me get the fuck out of this country.
They have all gone mad.

Thanks in advance-
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@abcdeteacher Yes, you can now get the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival again, $35, no supporting documentation required - same as it was pre-COVID

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:49 am @abcdeteacher Yes, you can now get the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival again, $35, no supporting documentation required - same as it was pre-COVID

Question. For length of stay and purpose of travel, even though applying for the ordinary visa and intention of getting an ER extension, should one put 30 days or less and tourism? Or something else?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic