Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Beautiful pool villa for sale in Kep

Post by ItWasntMe »

Congrats mate, well played!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

rubberbaron wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:55 pm I am wondering why he is selling it so shortly after completion. Maybe he is just testing the waters to see who might be interested and find out the current market prices. The location is a little far from town in a village called Kao Krasang. A French guy built a borey called Park View Villas with Western-style villas on small lots in the area. Don't know whether they ever sold all the units. That one was way back along a winding small dirt road. They sold for $350,000 a couple of years ago.
Prices for land are steadily rising and is bought by wealthy Khmer sitting on it for later sale. There is no market for villas like this. Khmer want 2-story not bungalow-style houses and Westerners here usually don't have this kind of money.
I have a similar house with pool I built myself on 875 m2 almost 3 years ago. The house is 170m2, 3 BR/baths, 1 guest bathroom. staff house, utility house, garage, modern kitchen, open floorplan, screened in terrace Florida-style. Location not too far from Kep market 25 m in on paved road. The land was $140,000, a neighbor is asking $250,000 for the same size land. A friend bought 2 lots of 1500 m2 together farther inside on dirt road for $260,000, cleared it, built a nice wall around it, planted some mango trees, and put in some sod. They had an offer for $400,000 from a Khmer from PP 2 months later.
I would price my house at about the same as whiteribbon's, but have no illusion of selling it at that price in the near future, plus I wouldn't know where to go live anyway. It's hot in Cambodia but we know that. Power bills are very high not because of A/Cs which we don't use that much anyway except in March, April May but running the pool pump for 12 hours a day. Fans and open doors usually cool it enough.
Villas like this in a resort town in Italy or Spain are twice or three times that much.
Not true at all in Spain or even the more expensive Portugal you will get an absolutely stunning pool villa of 4/5+ bedrooms with pool for that money,I'll post some examples later.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Even Australia you would get better value and no shit title.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I agree they are good properties, and whiteribbon did a good thread on the build. I am glad you had got the offer you could not refuse. did you actually make a profit?
It's the kind of property that is well out of my league just like many other property's would be also in the countries of the world.
Also, I would be thinking of the past, possible because of the KR and conflicts, people were easy to dispose of in the specific area whom was the original owners of the land, but you probably researched that quite well.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:08 pm I agree they are good properties, and whiteribbon did a good thread on the build. I am glad you had got the offer you could not refuse. did you actually make a profit?
It's the kind of property that is well out of my league just like many other property's would be also in the countries of the world.
Also, I would be thinking of the past, possible because of the KR and conflicts, people were easy to dispose of in the specific area whom was the original owners of the land, but you probably researched that quite well.
Thank you. Yes I doubled my investment on both properties. I feel very lucky to have sold both for such a nice price during this covid period to be honest. I didn't really want to sell my own house since the plan was to stay living here but covid made me rethink my situation.
just noise, white noise
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

Take a look at these two bad boys near Cordoba probably the most beautiful city in Andalusia,Spain's largest Southern province all way less than the villa in Kep :

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/ ... l=OVERSEAS

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/ ... l=OVERSEAS
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

The prices are what the market demands and asking prices are nothing to do with that market.
People of the world, spice up your life.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:08 pm
Kep was abandoned in 1970 at the start of the civil war. Most of the villas were owned by wealthy people who would have evacuated to the capital. It's not really relevant though because all land records were supposedly destroyed during the Pol Pot regime.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@whiteribbon congrats on the sale of both properties, I bet you can enjoy your retirement comfortably now. Just out of interests sake, was the buyer a foreigner or local (feel free not to answer if you don't want to).
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

My guess is that it was a local buyer. Would be interested to know also :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic