Possible to hire 2 or 3 Gorillas for making a statement?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Possible to hire 2 or 3 Gorillas for making a statement?

Post by ressl »

In some countries, if someone is not cooperative, and you want to solve the issue without a lawyer, you send him some Gorillas that make a crystal clear statement about your demands (or even solve it on the spot). My company has currently such an issue and I was wondering, if there are some guys in Phnom Penh, who are happy to use their appearance to make a statement. This job would come with a strict "don't touch" policy, but the message should leave pretty less space for interpretations. Russians and Khmer would be preferred (the former I had good experience in the past, the latter because of the language barrier).
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Possible to hire 2 or 3 Gorillas for making a statement?

Post by truffledog »

ressl wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 pm In some countries, if someone is not cooperative, and you want to solve the issue without a lawyer, you send him some Gorillas that make a crystal clear statement about your demands (or even solve it on the spot). My company has currently such an issue and I was wondering, if there are some guys in Phnom Penh, who are happy to use their appearance to make a statement. This job would come with a strict "don't touch" policy, but the message should leave pretty less space for interpretations. Russians and Khmer would be preferred (the former I had good experience in the past, the latter because of the language barrier).
Italians would be more effective but we dont work with trolls who advertise jobs on a forum.
work is for people who cant find truffles
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

I've not shaved in a few years and fit the bill. I'm still working on my silverback routine, so that is out.

Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Some context needed.
I wouldn't recommend people for some shady statement aimed to god knows who.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It used to be easy to do this, not recommended these days.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:12 pm Some context needed.
I wouldn't recommend people for some shady statement aimed to god knows who.
His neighbour on the corner of Norodom/Suramarit Blvd has been playing his music a bit loud lately, just needs to get the message to tone it down a bit!
:hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

5000$ a gig. Cheap cheap.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

truffledog wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 pm Italians would be more effective but we dont work with trolls who advertise jobs on a forum.
You might understand, that I can not send a private message out to everyone here on CEO...
I wasn't aware, that they still exist, although hiring a virtual band might make sense in times of C19...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

ressl wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:07 am
truffledog wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 pm Italians would be more effective but we dont work with trolls who advertise jobs on a forum.
You might understand, that I can not send a private message out to everyone here on CEO...
I wasn't aware, that they still exist, although hiring a virtual band might make sense in times of C19...

Why would you want to hire gorillas [ so expensive ] when you could hire monkeys to do the job and pay them peanuts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic