Nearly 200 Kgs of Drugs Seized in Boeung Keng Kang and Meanchey Districts

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Nearly 200 Kgs of Drugs Seized in Boeung Keng Kang and Meanchey Districts

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Under the orders of Lt. Gen. Thet, Deputy Commissioner and Commissioner of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police, the specialized force of the Anti-Drug Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police, under the direct command of Brigadier General Koul Yi, Deputy Commissioner, and Lieutenant Colonel Rimex, led a raid resulting in the arrest of one suspect and a total of 181 kilograms and 370 grams of drugs.
The operation took place on the night of December 30, 2021, at three targets, detaining a Vietnamese national.

San Sok Seiha, spokesman for the Phnom Penh Municipal Police, told the media on the afternoon of January 4, 2022 that the operation crack downed on three target drug trafficking cases in Phnom Penh.
To be continued.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Nearly 200 Kgs of Drugs in Boeung Keng Kang and Meanchey Districts

Post by nemo »

Cops really smashing it lately
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

nemo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:17 pm Cops really smashing it lately
It's "tea" time !
I wonder if this is connected to the 18yo Vietnamese kid who was busted with something like 25kgs ? (Who was obviously not the mastermind.)
:voilent1:
A bit of pressure on the kid from the cops and hey presto. The main distributor.

Anyway, nice work by the police.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Nearly 200 Kgs of Drugs Seized in Boeung Keng Kang and Meanchey Districts

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Further details on the drug raid which netted over 180 kilograms.

Phnom Penh: On the night of 31 December 2021, the drug squad raided two rooms suspected of storing drugs on the 3rd floor of a condominium located on Street 105, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang II, Khan Boeung Keng Kang, Phnom Penh, arresting a 25-year-old Vietnamese man named Luu Tung Huy, who was found in possession of 51 kgs of crystal methamphetamine, and police also confiscated a car.
Police then followed up with a third target, raiding house 282, on street 41, Sangkat Boeung Tumpun I, Khan Meanchey, where police confiscated more than 130 kg of drugs.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nemo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:17 pm Cops really smashing it lately
Apparently 4000 kg or so was seized last year, but about half that might have been that massive ketamine bust in Kampong Speu last month. They include marijuana in the total but the weights are negligible compared to the meth, ecstasy and other chemical-based narcotics. :
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50998696/m ... rackdowns/

So 200 kgs of meth in the first few days of the year is a good start.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Cambodia must be awash with chinese tea..I am so afraid it will take a heavy blow to the cambodian society.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

truffledog wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:41 pm Cambodia must be awash with chinese tea..I am so afraid it will take a heavy blow to the cambodian society.
^ Yes, I am not anti-drug in general, but when I see all this meth flooding through Cambodia, poisoning people from all walks of life, and the poor in particular, it makes me so angry to think of the bastards who are making money from this misery.
:evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic