Travel between Thailand and Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bobby66
Tourist
Denmark

Travel between Thailand and Cambodia

Post by Bobby66 »

Hey

My plan is to go from Denmark to Phnom Penh via Bangkok. Meaning changing planes in Bkk without going through Immigration.

My plan is to stay 18-23 days in Cambodia and the last 7-12 days in Thailand. All together 30 days.

Is this possible with the rules that exist in Thailand and Cambodia right now?

Regards
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Travel between Thailand and Cambodia

Post by ExPenhMan »

Your planned stay in Thailand is just long enough for you to finish your 7-day or 10-day quarantine under the AQ Program and head straight back out to the airport and leave the country to return to Denmark. There is one other option, which you can see below this first part.

Published Dec. 22:
Pre-Arrival Requirements (Alternartie Quarantine Program)
All travellers must have the following documents for entering to Thailand:

A Thailand Pass, which can be applied via https://tp.consular.go.th/.
A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.
Thai nationals are exempt from this requirement.
Travellers under 6 years of age, travelling with parents, are exempt from this requirement.
For arrivals by water, everyone on board the vessels must have a medical certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected within the officially specified time frame. Anyone on aboard with a history of COVID-19 infection within a period between 14-90 days must have a medical certificate of recovery.
An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.
A confirmed payment for an Alternative Quarantine (AQ) accommodation or similar government-approved facility. Foreign nationals must also have proof of payment for the required RT-PCR tests.
In case of a 7-day or 10-day quarantine, 2 RT-PCR COVID-19 tests are required.
In case of a 14-day quarantine, 3 RT-PCR COVID-19 tests are required.

All travellers must undergo the ‘exit screening’ at the point of departure (air/land/water) and present the required documents to the person-in-charge to carry out the checks.

Here's a link to all of the other details under the Thailand Pass Alternative Quarantine Program.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailan ... ationwide/

Now, you might be in luck if you want to stay on Phuket Island and avoid the hotel prison. It's the only Sandbox option left, where you have to stay in an approved hotel. I believe you can move around the island but better check that with the Thai embassy in your country. But read the entire Tourism Authority of Thailand requirements at the link below.

Headline: UPDATED! Sandbox entry programme suspended from 22 December 2021 (except Phuket Sandbox)
Existing conditions for pre-approved Thailand Pass or new Phuket Sandbox applications only

Pre-Arrival Requirements
All eligible travellers travelling from eligible countries must have the following documents for entering to Thailand:

A Thailand Pass, which can be applied via https://tp.consular.go.th/. *The system is currently closed for all new Sandbox applications, except for the Phuket Sandbox.
A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.
Travellers under 6 years of age, travelling with parents with a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours before travelling, are not required to have a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR test result and can have a saliva test when entering the Kingdom.
For arrivals by water, everyone on board the vessels must have a medical certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected within the officially specified time frame. Anyone on aboard with a history of COVID-19 infection within a period between 14-90 days must have a medical certificate of recovery.
An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.
A confirmed payment for at least a 7-day stay at an approved accommodation; such as, a SHA++ hotel, within the Sandbox destination. The prepayment must also include the expenses for the RT-PCR tests. *See new COVID-19 testing conditions as described above.
A Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination/Recovery
Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand.
Travellers 12-17 years of age travelling to Thailand unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine. Those travelling with parents are exempt from this requirement.
Travellers 6-11 years of age, travelling with parents, are exempt from this requirement.
For arrivals by water, everyone on board must be fully vaccinated. This is except for travellers under 18 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians.
Travellers with a history of COVID-19 infection who have recovered by medical treatment and travellers who have received at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine after post-infection must have a certificate of COVID-19 recovery.
All travellers must undergo ‘exit screening’ at the point of departure, i.e., at the airline check-in counter and present the required documents to the person-in-charge to carry out the checks.
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailan ... tinations/

Last, all this could change by the time you make up your mind. I would not do it, frankly. And if you test positive for Omicron or whatever, you will blow your whole trip with hospital bills. There have already been entire families shunted to hospitals for their dreamy vacation.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Bobby66 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm Hey

My plan is to go from Denmark to Phnom Penh via Bangkok. Meaning changing planes in Bkk without going through Immigration.

My plan is to stay 18-23 days in Cambodia and the last 7-12 days in Thailand. All together 30 days.

Is this possible with the rules that exist in Thailand and Cambodia right now?

Regards
I just remembered, I think you still need to buy insurance for Thailand, even if you are transiting. Some people have been caught without but were able to buy online right at the airport.

Anyway, the whole thing is so complicated and filled with traps, you'll need a vacation after your vacation.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

note regarding the Phuket sandbox>
u must arrive on an international flight so if ur in PP , u need fly via Singapore

More changes coming after the 7th or so>
BUT with new outbreak dont expect it to be any kind of a positive change
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:23 pm note regarding the Phuket sandbox>
u must arrive on an international flight so if ur in PP , u need fly via Singapore

PP to TH is not international?
Which would mean it's a domestic flight
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:35 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:23 pm note regarding the Phuket sandbox>

PP to TH is not international?
Which would mean it's a domestic flight
Currently for phuket sandbox you MUST arrive from outside thailand
NO transiting (unless thai international ) via Bangkok
There are NO PP_PHUKET flights

"For “Phuket Sandbox” travellers who have applied for Thailand Pass from 22 December, 2021, they must arrive on a direct flight to Phuket International Airport only."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bobby66
Tourist
Denmark

Post by Bobby66 »

Hello

Thank you for all the advice.

I guess it would be easier to just go to Cambodia for 30 days travelling Denmark-Singapore-Phnom Penh and reverse,

Regards

Bobby
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Bobby66 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:29 am Hello

Thank you for all the advice.

I guess it would be easier to just go to Cambodia for 30 days travelling Denmark-Singapore-Phnom Penh and reverse,

Regards

Bobby
Yep at this stage probably the least hassle plan
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

I flew from Copenhagen to here last month. The check-in for Singapore Airlines is handled by SAS and they did not know the rules. They gave me quite a scare there initially.

Also, make sure all your papers are printed in color. Including the EU vaccination proof.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

you can fly to phuket and after phuket-bkk-pnh without prblem, but not the other way, the only way to go from PNH to pHuket is by SIN now, because you are not alowed to transit in BKK that way, the other way you can (i did 6 weeks ago) because once you ended the sandbow, you can freely go to BKK and later to PNH. I took the afternoon flight Phuket-BKK, slept a night in BKK and next morning to PNH, because if you want to do it the same day, the conexxion is tight, and you could miss it, and then your PCR-test is to old, thats shit !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic