Chinese Couple in Bentley Flying Spur Crash on Riverside

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Chinese Couple in Bentley Flying Spur Crash on Riverside

Post by ExPenhMan »

I'm waiting for the CCP to release a statement blaming the Americans for hacking the Mustang's control chip and forcing the car into head-butting (nice verb) the light pole. Out of sight, the Chinese drop-kick the driver straight into a mainland jail for endangering state security by driving a Ford.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:23 pm I'm waiting for the CCP to release a statement blaming the Americans for hacking the Mustang's control chip and forcing the car into head-butting (nice verb) the light pole. Out of sight, the Chinese drop-kick the driver straight into a mainland jail for endangering state security by driving a Ford.
What Ford Mustang? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

donner-kruger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:16 pm
mannanman wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:26 pm There’s also a lot of Americans but do we ever hear about them randomly crashing?
Lots of people from all over the world. I don't see how that is relevant to my point.
Then how is your point relevant in that case.
donner-kruger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:03 pm
Maybe because there are a lot more of them here than any other nationality?
People of the world, spice up your life.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:47 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:23 pm I'm waiting for the CCP to release a statement blaming the Americans for hacking the Mustang's control chip and forcing the car into head-butting (nice verb) the light pole. Out of sight, the Chinese drop-kick the driver straight into a mainland jail for endangering state security by driving a Ford.
The headbutting one programmed by the CIA to discredit CCP
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Passed this car showroom the other day on K5 St, Phnom Penh. WOW someone has money here. I wonder how sales are compared to a European Capital city, including the UK, price comparison and how many models sold in 2020?

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

This one

newsworthy/chinese-driving-ford-mustang ... 48022.html

A (very subjective) distinction between a great many crash reports in Cambodia, and those specifically involving the Chinese is that the Chinese frequently take what appears to be a fairly presentable car and stick it in a shop, in a Tuktuk, in a lamppost, on a concrete divider, etc.

They stand out.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:32 pm Passed this car showroom the other day on K5 St, Phnom Penh. WOW someone has money here. I wonder how sales are compared to a European Capital city, including the UK, price comparison and how many models sold in 2020?

The official Rolls Royce dealer sold almost 100 cars in their first year open.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:35 pm
AndyKK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:32 pm Passed this car showroom the other day on K5 St, Phnom Penh. WOW someone has money here. I wonder how sales are compared to a European Capital city, including the UK, price comparison and how many models sold in 2020?

The official Rolls Royce dealer sold almost 100 cars in their first year open.
When you compare to the sales of RR in All of Europe of 595 cars for 2020....thats an awful lot for Cambodia only.
work is for people who cant find truffles
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

2021 Rolls Royce Wraith is offered with a base price of $330,000. on the USA market. Compared to the Cambodian market $650,000
Always "hope" but never "expect".
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:31 pm
This one

newsworthy/chinese-driving-ford-mustang ... 48022.html

A (very subjective) distinction between a great many crash reports in Cambodia, and those specifically involving the Chinese is that the Chinese frequently take what appears to be a fairly presentable car and stick it in a shop, in a Tuktuk, in a lamppost, on a concrete divider, etc.

They stand out.
Argh! Thanks @Freightdog. Don't know how I flipped the Bentley and Mustang stories. Just another night in a string of Chinese vehicles assaulting street furniture, I guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic