bus trip from KL to PP, doable?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: bus trip from KL to PP, doable?

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:52 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:33 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:20 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:57 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:52 pm
Apparently, if the foreigners can get agreement and paperwork from both countries they may pass over the border crossings.
Apparently.
Apparently, because I know of a foreign person (Westerner) who was allowed to return to his residence in Thailand via the Poi Pet/Aranyaprathet crossing, with his motorcycle.
That’s one person and certainly not the norm. It’s not advice for general foreign visitors, as is this case.
Admittedly so, the OP's question was "anyone used coach transportation?" your answer was "land borders are shut", "true unless". Also, talking of coach transportation, would you like to give the reason why the coach from Vietnam arrives at its destination in Phnom Penh daily.
Is it full of tourists or locals, Vietnamese and freight?

If PSD says the borders are shut I’d take his word for it not some second hand rare occasion where someone (going home) got let through.

And last time I looked busses don’t go via Vietnam from KL to Thailand.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:52 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:33 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:20 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:57 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:52 pm
Apparently, if the foreigners can get agreement and paperwork from both countries they may pass over the border crossings.
Apparently.
Apparently, because I know of a foreign person (Westerner) who was allowed to return to his residence in Thailand via the Poi Pet/Aranyaprathet crossing, with his motorcycle.
That’s one person and certainly not the norm. It’s not advice for general foreign visitors, as is this case.
Admittedly so, the OP's question was "anyone used coach transportation?" your answer was "land borders are shut", "true unless". Also, talking of coach transportation, would you like to give the reason why the coach from Vietnam arrives at its destination in Phnom Penh daily.
Cargo?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's possible by Airbus. If that's any help to you.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Monday approved the setting up of Test & Go checkpoints at border crossings in Songkhla, Yala, Narathiwat and Satun from mid-January onwards.

CCSA okays reopening of Thai-Malaysia borders under Test & Go scheme
However, the exact opening date is still to be set by Thai and Malaysian authorities.

Meanwhile, relevant agencies are working on setting up a system to examine vaccine certificates both in document form and online, testing tourists on the first day of arrival, ensuring all hotels meet the SHA Plus+ standard and all restaurants, transport, mall, etc, meet Covid-Free Setting measures.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I looked at the bus/train option once, maybe 2012. in reverse. Bus over to Bangkok, then train to KL.
End of the trip and i was flat broke as usual, heading back to Oz as cheaply as could - but it was more expensive than flying, especially with living costs over a couple of days.

In 1975 i caught the train from Singapore to Bangkok.
2 1/2 days, with a night in the wonderful old colonial Railway Hotel over the station in KL. Somerset Maugham eat your heart out.
In those days a lot of the Malaysian part of the trip was through endless boring old rubber plantations, nowadays it is probably endless boring new palm oil plantations.
The trip through southern Thailand was spectacular though.

Those towering limestone karsts in the early morning light, rising so suddenly and so dramatically out of the monsoon season, emerald green and silver, dead-flat-to-the-horizon, rice fields all around - and the astonishingly fertile and productive market gardens outside Bangkok, still stick in my mind 46 years later.
Probably worth doing if you get the chance.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

kagi wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:07 am The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Monday approved the setting up of Test & Go checkpoints at border crossings in Songkhla, Yala, Narathiwat and Satun from mid-January onwards.

CCSA okays reopening of Thai-Malaysia borders under Test & Go scheme
However, the exact opening date is still to be set by Thai and Malaysian authorities.

Meanwhile, relevant agencies are working on setting up a system to examine vaccine certificates both in document form and online, testing tourists on the first day of arrival, ensuring all hotels meet the SHA Plus+ standard and all restaurants, transport, mall, etc, meet Covid-Free Setting measures.
fyi is this ur info link>
https://www.nationthailand.com/blogs/in-focus/40009928
NOTE DATE!!!!December 13, 2021 pre changes

test and go has been suspended in Thailand and its back to the phuket sandbox or Bangkok quatanine, so i seriously doubt their even considering it now

2 borders are and have been open for cross border TRADE, not tourism since mid Nov

they will revisit the situation Jan 6th or so.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

@Big B

You could always try one of these, available from, https://www.alibaba.com/flying carpets

Probably as much chance as your bus idea.

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:42 am @Big B

You could always try one of these, available from, https://www.alibaba.com/flying carpets

Probably as much chance as your bus idea.

I knew a guy (just the one) who had one. Nothing but trouble.

Therefore = trouble.
People of the world, spice up your life.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good info for arrival to Malaysia BY AIR, BUT Land borders are still closed between Thailand and Malaysia.
As are every land border in Asia and SE Asia ( that i know of)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic