D. I. Riviera assault by security team on owner of condo

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

D. I. Riviera assault by security team on owner of condo

Post by J. Visiting »

There was eight of them, and the two drunkest ones attacked.

This really affects the value of Riviera if an owner cannot come and go.

I tried to contact management, but they won't talk.

Maybe I need to file a police report, or hire an attorney?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: D. I. Riviera assault by security team on owner of condo

Post by Ghostwriter »

Please develop about the incident first, because that's not much of a context so far...

That's already several threads opened by you about them, and each time you lack context, so what is this about ?

Baseless rant, revenge rant, legit rant ?
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

No. It is time to find those two.
and there are plenty of witnesses. so let's hear their side of the story.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

For a moment I thought this was about Detective Inspector Riviera, a swarthy loose cannon who plays by his own rules and gets results no matter what the stuffy suits at City Hall have to say. Quite disappointed to discover it’s actually some kind of Marina Bay Sands knockoff.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

J. Visiting wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:26 pm No. It is time to find those two.
Ok, you convinced me.
Give me the time to hop in the next flight, and let's chase them.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

If you have drunken security guards attacking owners of condo,
then you actually have a problem with bad management.

Management that refuses to identify themselves.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

J. Visiting wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:40 pm If you have drunken security guards attacking owners of condo,

What the hell is this about? Start with who was attacked. You? Then go to when you first came in contact with the alleged attackers, on the night/day in question, and why they would have it in for you, who you are. Paint a picture or don't bother asking for feedback, I say.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

J. Visiting wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:40 pm If you have drunken security guards attacking owners of condo,

Based on the scarce info my first response would be move house and don't look back.

If they have beaten the shit out of someone they're either crooked guards (unlikely, why would they out their job at risk for a minute of fun?) or there's much more to it which ain't good news.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:51 pm

What the hell is this about? Start with who was attacked. You? Then go to when you first came in contact with the alleged attackers, on the night/day in question, and why they would have it in for you, who you are. Paint a picture or don't bother asking for feedback, I say.
Agreed. With no context from the complainant maybe we should create our own scenarios that led to a guy being accosted by 2 security guards while "simply" entering a building.

Or did the assault take place somewhere inside the condo?

Working on the former first:-

Drunken loudmouth with a Napoleon complex instigates encounter with building security and given they too have had a few are having none of it and put said owner in his place. Management, who have probably heard all about the guy from previous encounters are quietly pleased with the guards and are staying out of the current rumpus as they have better things to be doing.

and now the latter:-
Let's say this took place inside the condo and was instigated by the OP's neighbor's who have had to endure this particular "neighbor from hell" and the security guards were simply acting on the requests of the neighbors to assist them as the OP was being his usual self ie. a neighbor from hell. Security have had a few beers and given it's "this guy again" go a little further than usual but, again, management are quietly pleased and as in the first scenario, are not inclined to get involved.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Indeed. Even if I had their names and numbers I would be weary to share any without more information. Also has the risk of false positives based on insufficient information potentially accusing innocent people. I would not on a forum either but only disclose on request and to the competent authorities. For all we know a full report what happened without leaving out any important information would let all of us side with the security guards - and state OP rightfuly deserved what he got.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic