D. I. Riviera assault by security team on owner of condo

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: D. I. Riviera assault by security team on owner of condo

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Thank something for that! I thought it was me.

I haven't lost track of the story, because there is a couple of chunks missing. Like the beginning, with a prologue, to bring me up to speed.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Here is the story: The owner of a condo in DI Riviera was randomly attacked by two security guards. The condo owner did not do anything wrong at all and was just meandering by when the vicious attack occurred. The guards were drunk.

There is definitely no more to this story and there was absolutely no provocation of the guards. They just thought "Fuck it, let's beat up some residents where we work as security."

This thread is teaching the management company a lesson by giving them bad publicity, something they are deathly afraid of as evidenced by their spectacular management of the property and development thus far.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

The OP's gone from taking legal action in the first post, to
I would like an apology.

Shouldn't talk about you, OP, like you're not in the room. Respect. However, the 2nd poster indicated there are earlier chapters, equally unstructured.

I grasped that the perps are shifting the blame. You can usually encourage the liars to keep talking, and eventually they will slip up. In this case, the Management built a wall to prevent further attacks from the non-existant threat on the other side.

Management surely aren't buying their story, so perhaps somebody has something on someone, and they are feigning belief in the guards account, and the wall is

That's what I've got so far.

I haven't read the prequels and there's always 3 sides to a story so, while it is none of my business, some are starting from this thread, and don't know all the characters.

But if you want feedback, you need some combobulation in your confabulation, or it's just jibber-jabber jabble.

I hope you're not still in shock, or injured, and if you're a troll: Not bad.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I’d guess he won’t expand upon it much in order not to weaken his case against the management company. “Right to remain silent” while also saying just enough to ruffle some feathers of the mgmt co.

If he comes out and explains there was an argument or altercation leading up to the attack, the management company will point to that as an admission by the OP of contributing to what happened, and weaken the OPs case (legal or otherwise).

Hence, the ongoing vagueness until or unless OP abandons his claim and feels he can speak freely at no potential cost to himself.

Just a guess as it’s all we can do given the absence of information.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:00 am I’d guess he won’t expand upon it much in order not to weaken his case against the management company. “Right to remain silent” while also saying just enough to ruffle some feathers of the mgmt co.

If he comes out and explains there was an argument or altercation leading up to the attack, the management company will point to that as an admission by the OP of contributing to what happened, and weaken the OPs case (legal or otherwise).

Hence, the ongoing vagueness until or unless OP abandons his claim and feels he can speak freely at no potential cost to himself.

Just a guess as it’s all we can do given the absence of information.
Yeah, good point, except that he would have been instructed to stay off social media, for the reasons you outlined. From the recent posts it seems he is on his own and being ignored, and breaking down, with the management putting up a "why would we install a wall for protection, if the threat of future attacks wasn't real?" wall.

Dangerous tactic if they are lying, come cross-examination (if it gets that far). That would be the case with a decent lawyer, whom wasn't paid to lose. Lying in court is possibly a more accepted means of defence over there.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:00 am I’d guess

If he comes out and explains there was an argument or altercation leading up to the attack
It was parking. I park in the owners area, and pay for two spaces.

There were no spaces available when I returned because security allows anyone to park there. So I parked in the remaining widest partial space not nicely.

He claimed I hit his bike. His bike has a white replacement muffler cover. I somehow
got the feeling that he wanted money to buy yet another. I looked real close, and the
problem was that the replacement was missing the forward screw, so not damage from
my parking. I wasn't buying, so he was marching me up to the security office where I would be held until the police arrived. So I broke rank part way up to the office and
headed back to the elevator. The second one looked to be stopping me getting to the lift.
It turned out that he was just offering some friendly advice.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

J. Visiting wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:39 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:00 am I’d guess

If he comes out and explains there was an argument or altercation leading up to the attack
It was parking. I park in the owners area, and pay for two spaces.

There were no spaces available when I returned because security allows anyone to park there. So I parked in the remaining widest partial space not nicely.

He claimed I hit his bike. His bike has a white replacement muffler cover. I somehow
got the feeling that he wanted money to buy yet another. I looked real close, and the
problem was that the replacement was missing the forward screw, so not damage from
my parking. I wasn't buying, so he was marching me up to the security office where I would be held until the police arrived. So I broke rank part way up to the office and
headed back to the elevator. The second one looked to be stopping me getting to the lift.
It turned out that he was just offering some friendly advice.
Thanks, that at least provides some context. You were bothered about the parking situation where they do not honor the spaces you paid for.

When you say "parked not nicely" I am envisioning that you very abruptly and aggressively pulled your car into a "partial space" near the bikes which was not really a parking spot, with the security guy owner of the bike right there watching you park angrily next to his bike. He says you hit his bike, you say no and some physicality ensues.

It must be frustrating to have spaces you paid for being given away to anybody, so you were rightfully annoyed. The angry parking wasn't the way to handle it of course, that just escalates.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I recall a user called Florida years ago who was crazy about this place and advised it was the deal of the century.
Good to see it was actually built.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Up to you, how much detail, but how physical was the assault? Regardless, if he touched you, it's assault, but you go into this as a Westerner (I presume), so you have to make up ground for that first with a little more than a forceful guiding hand on your back.

With you not touching him (another presumption) at all, let alone first, the reason for the altercation is now irrelevant, because he wasn't acting in his, or anyone else's, defence.

You say he is lying about others involved? He is going to make his colleague lie. What do they use in place of the bible? When he does, look him right in the eye.
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Apparition »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:29 pm For a moment I thought this was about Detective Inspector Riviera, a swarthy loose cannon who plays by his own rules and gets results no matter what the stuffy suits at City Hall have to say. Quite disappointed to discover it’s actually some kind of Marina Bay Sands knockoff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic