Prices for Oxy and other meds + surgery

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
wylde
Tourist
Australia

Re: Prices for Oxy and other meds + surgery

Post by wylde »

kgbagent wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:50 pm
A friend from PP had chronic back pain to the point he could hardly walk - so he went and priced the operation in Malaysia, Bangkok and PP and got horrific quotes. He researched India (Bangalore from memory) and got some way better prices so he went. Visited several hospitals that he was impressed with but 2 of them said the operation had a low % of long term success. Depressed in a taxi he was talking to the driver who said his mother had a similar problem but she got stem cell treatment and was way better. The driver rang his mother for the hospital name and took my friend there - he ended up getting stem treatment over a few weeks for about 7k. Two years later he is like new and can swim a km a day without pain.

Hence I suggested India
I haven't had any replies from India yet. I have to admit, this is harder than I thought it would be. I've had a reply from the Royal Phnom Penh Hospital but it wasn't good. I sent them another asking about alternatives, and I've also sent away a bunch to Thailand. I'll wait to see what's returned from both and, after that, I may look into India further. I appreciate your help here, but India is dead last on my list of cheap places to go.

Hell, I'll say it...I really don't care how cheap Indian women are, they simply don't do anything for me. That said, it'd still be nice to hang out and experience another culture.

To tell the truth, after this hassle, I'll be in Korea as soon as their borders open. I wasn't even thinking of SE Asia until I got an idea of how cheap it was to molest their women. Korea is not a third world country, and as I have a history with hospitals there, all of this medication I'm chasing is readily available. It is, however, cheap enough to live if you eat the correct food so I don't know if this hassle is worth it. Rent is about $400 US for a 40m2 studio, without a deposit. Normal women are more difficult to bang, but one can still dick a hooker for $25, and that's fine by me. I wasn't even thinking about women until SE Asia became a thing, it was all about the surgery I need.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Prices for Oxy and other meds + surgery

Post by Anchor Moy »

^^^ Please come to Cambodia and get operated on asap. I strongly recommend Kratie Hospital, or any equivalent.
You totally deserve it. :thumb:
To tell the truth, after this hassle, I'll be in Korea as soon as their borders open. I wasn't even thinking of SE Asia until I got an idea of how cheap it was to molest their women.
:trollz:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic