Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bitcoincambodia.com

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:18 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:48 pm
mannanman wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:18 am Has anyone used this mob?

I joined weeks ago and also sent a follow up email asking for a verification email but nothing.

Not a good start.
it's an automated anonymous service; I used use them quite a lot back in 2017 and 2018 but they are expensive by today's standards as they buy ¬5% below spot and sell ¬5% above spot

As others have said use Binance p2p either thru wing or aba, they seem to have given up on crypto prohibition now since last year, so unless you are moving so much cash that binance flag it due to AML regulations you shouldn't have trouble; that said don't come crying to me if you do
Hard to believe ABA will allow transfers to / from Binance. They will block any transfer to / from Kraken.
It doesn't work that way.

You use Binance P2P to make the deal, and you then send the money to their ABA account and then they transfer the crypto to your wallet. The seller has to have the crypto in their Binance wallet for the deal to go through on Binance and once you mark the deal as "Paid" it is held. If they don't transfer it within a few minutes you get onto Binance and prove you have paid and they will (should) fix it for you.

I have used them several times and had no problem. I only use one guy who has proved his reliability.

But, NEVER put the words Binance, or anything relating to Crypto on the memo for the ABA transaction. I have heard rumours that they close your account if you make the Crypto deal too obvious.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:18 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:48 pm
mannanman wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:18 am Has anyone used this mob?

I joined weeks ago and also sent a follow up email asking for a verification email but nothing.

Not a good start.
it's an automated anonymous service; I used use them quite a lot back in 2017 and 2018 but they are expensive by today's standards as they buy ¬5% below spot and sell ¬5% above spot

As others have said use Binance p2p either thru wing or aba, they seem to have given up on crypto prohibition now since last year, so unless you are moving so much cash that binance flag it due to AML regulations you shouldn't have trouble; that said don't come crying to me if you do
Hard to believe ABA will allow transfers to / from Binance. They will block any transfer to / from Kraken.
Kraken?

That's a throwback, didn't know it was still around
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Well, no PM or emails still.

Maybe they’ve shut down?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

mannanman wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:00 am
Sirhaden1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:45 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:34 pm
Khmer_Risotto wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:31 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:21 pm

Meeting to exchange a BTC for 47,000$ in cash sounds like a totally safe transaction to me.
Spoiler:
if you're a really brave person
You can buy a fraction of a Bitcoin.
From some random in a coffee shop?

Good luck with that.
Yes that's exactly how it goes.
Do you want his number?
Why when someone mentions Bitcoin does it all go mad, like you're gonna get robbed?
If you were buying a car or such things would it happen any differently?

I used to use the guy alot. Before that I used Bitcoin cafe, that American dude who lived down a side street in PP, did you ever visit him?
Ok I’ll repeat what I said after your original post. It’s not who, what or how it’s the fact you’ve just joined CEO and recommended some random.
I’ve bought Crypto in that exact way but it was through recommendations from people I know and trust.

And to add when you buy a car you’ve usually got a tangible asset after plus it’s easy to check ownership and you’d presumably carry out due diligence.
Well just use binance then, if you're scared to meet a 22 yo 8stone student, in broad daylight in a coffeeshop (Library caffe to be exact)
SNOWFLAKE!
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Have you tried https://localbitcoins.com/? As for rate, I think 5% is probably standard for an unknown but once you immerse yourself in the scene and find regular buyers - 2-3% is more the rate you should be paying - if you don't know anyone, you're bound to know a guy who knows a guy etc. I haven't done a BTC trade in a while tbh, there are quicker, cheaper options crypto wise. BTC is better just to hold.
Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:35 am But, NEVER put the words Binance, or anything relating to Crypto on the memo for the ABA transaction. I have heard rumours that they close your account if you make the Crypto deal too obvious.
Confirmed, do not risk it in the slightest, back in 2017/2018 I sent a friend like $200 and put the reference "For BTC" while in a rush, not thinking too much of it as I wasn't even aware on crypto restrictions at that point. We both got instantly perm banned, w/ no prior warning and had a couple of days to withdraw all funds.. A tad harsh I thought. Two questions I always thought though - 1) What's stopping someone sending a dollar to someone they dislike with the reference 'BITCOIN TRANSACTION' and getting them permanently banned from ABA? 2) What business is it of ABA's what the reference is? It's literally there so you can reference the transaction - that's it, hypothetically I could write "For the killing of babies" and they shouldn't be able to do a thing - HSBC wouldn't, nor would any other UK bank I imagine. I could claim it was a personal joke between the receiver and I, I could also claim that 'For BTC' was actually shorthand for a mutual friend named Ben Trevor Chandler etc etc... it was all just very bizarre IMO and almost seemed panicked by them. Banks know people won't need them in 25 years I guess, so it makes sense for them to act irrationally in the very face of their impending demise.

The fact that sending money from a UK bank > ABA, you get charged by THREE banks is still amusing to me.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 pm
mannanman wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:00 am
Sirhaden1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:45 pm
mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:34 pm
Khmer_Risotto wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:31 pm

You can buy a fraction of a Bitcoin.
From some random in a coffee shop?

Good luck with that.
Yes that's exactly how it goes.
Do you want his number?
Why when someone mentions Bitcoin does it all go mad, like you're gonna get robbed?
If you were buying a car or such things would it happen any differently?

I used to use the guy alot. Before that I used Bitcoin cafe, that American dude who lived down a side street in PP, did you ever visit him?
Ok I’ll repeat what I said after your original post. It’s not who, what or how it’s the fact you’ve just joined CEO and recommended some random.
I’ve bought Crypto in that exact way but it was through recommendations from people I know and trust.

And to add when you buy a car you’ve usually got a tangible asset after plus it’s easy to check ownership and you’d presumably carry out due diligence.
Well just use binance then, if you're scared to meet a 22 yo 8stone student, in broad daylight in a coffeeshop (Library caffe to be exact)
SNOWFLAKE!
Hmm. Tempted.
Do you know his first kiss?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic