Gyms & recovery from covid questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
moorebwb
Tourist
Ireland

Gyms & recovery from covid questions

Post by moorebwb »

Hi there,

Just joined up...

Couple questions...

I'm staying up 178st for a month from January 10th and looking for the best Equipped gyms in phnom penh, one with plenty machines that cover everything plus cable/wire machines etc not to bothered on the cardio side. Any help will be appreciated.

On another note I've just recovered from covid and on the nhs app(uk) shows as recovered from covid. When travelling from uk do i still need a pcr test 72 hours before? As I've read that if recovered from covid within a 90 day period a pcr is not needed. Just don't want to get caught out and wondering what the official advice is?

Cheers and thanks in advance 👍
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Gyms & recovery from covid questions

Post by nerdlinger »

moorebwb wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:31 am
On another note I've just recovered from covid and on the nhs app(uk) shows as recovered from covid. When travelling from uk do i still need a pcr test 72 hours before? As I've read that if recovered from covid within a 90 day period a pcr is not needed. Just don't want to get caught out and wondering what the official advice is?
Where did you read that? I haven’t seen it anywhere. Certainly no mention at https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

Also on a side note there’s also no mention there of past infection exempting you from quarantine either, just in case anyone was wondering.
moorebwb
Tourist
Ireland

Post by moorebwb »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /faqs.html

States on here firstly.

Demonstrating your COVID-19 status
All vaccinated travellers will need to demonstrate their vaccination status on arrival in Cambodia.

"Cambodia will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery" and vaccination record.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

moorebwb wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:18 am https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /faqs.html

States on here firstly.

All vaccinated travellers will need to demonstrate their vaccination status on arrival in Cambodia.

"Cambodia will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery" and vaccination record.
That's very interesting. Personally, if you're able to get/pass a Covid test, I would do that instead, as it will definitely be a simpler process on the Cambodia side. I would assume you'd still need to do the quarantine either way, but I haven't read into it enough to say with any certainty.

For reference:

Cambodia will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Unvaccinated under 18 year olds will be quarantined in accordance with the period that applies to the accompanying adult(s).

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic