Future of Pattaya?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Future of Pattaya?

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:07 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:49 pm
WillieW wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:57 pm Pattaya has been a shithole for the past 40 years. Developed to keep the foreign asshole tourists separate from the rest of Thailand it has until now fulfilled its purpose. If Pattaya dies then they will find somewhere else to do that.
My history is only 25 years, and while it was never in the market to win any beauty contests, as I sit here on New Year's afternoon on Beach Road enjoying.an atmosphere and vibrance I've not seen for 18 months, it reminds me what I love about the place. A multinational melting pot of craziness and fun that you can't put a price on. There is nowhere like it

I hope you've found somewhere you enjoy.

Happy Hogmanay
@Cowshed Cowboy, you must be on your favourite perch at Vichan's. :beer3: I now wish I spent some time in Jomtien. Will see what next month brings. :D
Went into Pattaya, maybe a bit rash in hindsight as it was absolutely rammed. I wouldn't be surprised if Covid cases rocket in a few days and they close everything down again.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Future of Pattaya?

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:45 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:07 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:49 pm
WillieW wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:57 pm Pattaya has been a shithole for the past 40 years. Developed to keep the foreign asshole tourists separate from the rest of Thailand it has until now fulfilled its purpose. If Pattaya dies then they will find somewhere else to do that.
My history is only 25 years, and while it was never in the market to win any beauty contests, as I sit here on New Year's afternoon on Beach Road enjoying.an atmosphere and vibrance I've not seen for 18 months, it reminds me what I love about the place. A multinational melting pot of craziness and fun that you can't put a price on. There is nowhere like it

I hope you've found somewhere you enjoy.

Happy Hogmanay
@Cowshed Cowboy, you must be on your favourite perch at Vichan's. :beer3: I now wish I spent some time in Jomtien. Will see what next month brings. :D
Went into Pattaya, maybe a bit rash in hindsight as it was absolutely rammed. I wouldn't be surprised if Covid cases rocket in a few days and they close everything down again.
Here we have it. Positive cases have gone way up, many in the area where I was last week and where you were. Oh well, we're all bound to get the Little O for a few days.

Headline: Pattaya and Banglamung cases rise, 81 percent of recently randomly tested infections are Omicron
The Chonburi Provincial Public Health Deputy Director Doctor Wichai Tanasophon spoke with the associated Thai press this morning, January 2nd, 2022, regarding rapidly rising Covid-19 numbers in Banglamung and Pattaya and stated the following: “Many confirmed Covid -19 cases were found in Banglamung recently. Since December 22nd the infection rate has rapidly increased and continues to increase.”

“We have been conducting regular proactive testing at popular areas in Pattaya where many people gather, such as the Tree Town Market and venues nearby. Some confirmed cases at Tree Town also provided a history of visiting the Pattaya Walking Street and other areas that are popular for tourists and locals.” Dr. Wichai explained.

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/p ... op-doctor/

Big 300+ jump in cases:

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/c ... new-death/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic