High Art, fresh from Democratic Kampuchea..

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Re: High Art, fresh from Democratic Kampuchea..

Post by Kohker »

:plus1:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Go troll me on another topic, K. - if you have the balls and the decency.
this one is 'hands off' for your kind of crap
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:19 am So much MONATIO in all these videos. For such a short-lived and ultimately useless movement they did manage to get themselves in the history books and photos - labeled as "Khmer Rouge take the capital". Although they were not in any way aligned with the Kampuchean Communists - (they were more of a last ditch attempt by the Republican government to reach some sort of treaty) they did actually manage to disarm large parts of the city before the real Khmer Rouge turned up. They were rounded up and executed.
All quite true. - although in fact maybe it is not so much, it just stands out because it is so dramatic. imo.
I didn't point it out (Monatio) because this is mentioned so often here, but i forget that this is new to many. So thanks.
Anything further to add to the general Topic, John... I know you are a veritable genuine goldmine of interesting history when you set your heart to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic