Bokor National park development in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Bokor National park development in Kampot

Post by atst »

nemo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:47 pm Sold out but empty?
Sold out to who? Bullshit
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

atst wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:07 pm
To Cambodians and Chinese. I know multiple Cambodians who have bought villa or flat house from there. Some even multiple villas.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:09 pm
To Cambodians and Chinese. I know multiple Cambodians who have bought villa or flat house from there. Some even multiple villas.
Well I'm amazed.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What would be interesting to know is what finances were offered to buy, mortgage, loan, terms.
I can see many of the buyers actually renting at a profit, full-term or even exclusive holiday let's.

But either way it does show that the Cambodians who have bought are well placed, not on the poverty line like other counties seem to think.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:01 pm It must be fantastic living in this eco-friendly zone in a borey where you can't see past the nearest block. They sell it as a beautiful vistage but in reality you can't see jack shit and you might as well be living in one of the sprawling developments on the central flood plains. The air-conditioning bills shouldn't be too high but the 30km run up the hill is a bit off-putting.
Most of the places being built wont have a view at all apart from scrub. The aircon will be high as you need a heat pump when it gets cold - dropped to 13c when I was up there a week ago and bitterly cold.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Yes it is bullshit - the touted 'sold out' still has multiple still available on the plan at the display office - maybe 15% 'sold'.

What really pisses me off is that they have cleared all the proposed developments and it looks like a warzone - surely it makes more sense to develop one site and see how sales go because if the demand is not there then the rest will be just wasteland.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It says very much for how the developers and authorities class keeping the natural environment, being that it is a national park.
I would think like many projects it's just a way of money laundering.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:06 pm The road construction connecting Monivong Bokor National Park to National Road 4 at PK158 + 200 has been in progress for 45 days and has now reached 6.5 km.
February 6, 2022
Cambodia News, (Kampot): His Excellency Chea Sophara, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction, said on February 6, 2022 that until now, the project to build a road connecting Monivong Bokor National Park to National Road No. 4 at PK. 158 + 200 has been implemented for 45 days and has reached 6.5 km.

His Excellency added that the road extension from National Road 4 will achieve a total length of 61 km, which will facilitate travel and investment support for the future.
Please be reminded that in accordance with the announcement by Samdech Techo Prime Minister on December 18, 2021, HE Chea Sophara has coordinated with Duke Sok Kong and Duke Mong Reththy to build a new 27 km road connecting the national road. No. 4 at km 158 + 200 towards Bokor mountain through the economic land concession of Chamkar Doung palm oil plantation. Duke Sok Kong covered the road construction costs, and Duke Mong Reththy helped clear palm trees to open the road.
UPDATE
New road connecting Bokor mountain to National Road 4, Sathapana has reached 30%
On Wednesday, December 14, 2022
By Sophal Tuon
As of December 14, the construction of the road from the top of Bokor Mountain to National Road 4 has reached about 30 percent, which is equivalent to more than 20 kilometers. This was confirmed by Mr. Keo Sithy, Sales and Marketing Director of Sokha Group.
Please click Subscribe Channel Telegram Kampuchea Thmey to get the latest news.

Mr. Keo Sithy said that the construction team is working hard to clear the road. He added that in this work, there are many difficulties due to the road conditions on the mountains, forests and valleys, some places have to be filled with soil and rocks, and some places have to be blown up to pave the road. However, he said the team will speed up the construction of this road.

The development of this project responds to the words of the Prime Minister on December 18, 2021, with Mr. Chea Sophara, Minister of Land Management, coordinating with Duke Sok Kong and Duke Mong Reththy to build a new 27-kilometer road from National Road No. 4 at km 158 + 200 towards Bokor Mountain through the economic land concession of Chamkar Doung Oil.

In that, Duke Sok Kong paid for the construction of the road, and Duke Mong Reththy helped clear oil palm trees to open the road.

Neak Oknha Sok Kong has previously said that this road connection could contribute to attracting more tourists to visit Monivong "Bokor Mountain" National Park, and help economic growth through the development of construction projects in the mountains as well.
- kampuchea thmey
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »