Need insurance when apply for visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Need insurance when apply for visa

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

I started the process to apply for visa online. They want me to upload a health insurance. I was under the impression that it was not mandatory anymore??? Anybody here know if the Forte is required, or if it is ok to use "your own"? The one I have covers covid treatment (and anything else) worlwide up to 100 000 $. Anybody????
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Need insurance when apply for visa

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Forte COVID-19 insurance policy is no longer mandatory for entry into Cambodia, however insurance is mandatory when applying for the e-Visa, does not have to be the Forte COVID-19 insurance.
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

GREAT :Yahoo!: Thanx :thumb:
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:38 pm ..however insurance is mandatory when applying for the e-Visa, does not have to be the Forte COVID-19 insurance.
This means the e-type (Ordinary), right?
Not the online Tourist visa..
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

....my question was about tourist visa. Never needed an insurance before whe applying for tourist visa online. (4 times). But now they demands it.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I APLLIED this week for a friends e-visa, turist, and didnt have yet the copy of his vacciantion-certificate, tried it without, and was also okay, they didnt bather about. They just take the 36 dollars for the visa, and if you get stopped at the airport, thats your problem. Thats there way of tinking i suppose !!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Raggepepsi57 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:08 pm ....my question was about tourist visa. Never needed an insurance before whe applying for tourist visa online. (4 times). But now they demands it.
e-Visa is the electronic online Tourist Visa ... not to be confused with the E-type (Ordinary) Visa.

Initially when they reintroduced the e-Visa a couple months ago, the insurance & hotel booking were mandatory, then they weren't for a couple weeks, then they made the insurance mandatory again, guess the Government decided they weren't gonna foot medical Bill's for tourists who get C19 anymore.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:33 pm I APLLIED this week for a friends e-visa, turist, and didnt have yet the copy of his vacciantion-certificate, tried it without, and was also okay, they didnt bather about. They just take the 36 dollars for the visa, and if you get stopped at the airport, thats your problem. Thats there way of tinking i suppose !!
No * (asterix) next to the Vaccination Card/Certificate field, therefore not mandatory when applying for the e-Visa. If your friend turns up without one though, they will have to quarantine for 2 weeks.
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

Always better safe than sorry when it comes to cambodia entry....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cancel my last...they have removed the * next to the insurance field, therefore no longer mandatory when applying for the e-Visa...keeps bloody changing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic