Need insurance when apply for visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Need insurance when apply for visa

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

KINGDOM OF CONFUSION :fool:
Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

Just spoke on the phone with a friend of mine who arrived in PP december 11. At the PP airport they DEMANDED to see his FORTE insurance to let him in. Maybe things have changed since then (or notπŸ™„πŸ€”πŸ˜‘).....
Trvlr55
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Trvlr55 »

where is the latest on requirements for entry?
Fully vax'd "3 Phizer", US citizen, recently arrived in Thailand.
Was considering to fly to PP for a few weeks, but now with everything tightening up again in many places, unclear now what to expect for requirements and if is worth the effort.
Thanks
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Raggepepsi57 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:38 am Just spoke on the phone with a friend of mine who arrived in PP december 11. At the PP airport they DEMANDED to see his FORTE insurance to let him in. Maybe things have changed since then (or notπŸ™„πŸ€”πŸ˜‘).....
He was either mistaken, or the official demanding it was not up to date, it is NOT mandatory and there have been no other reports of foreigners arriving being made to show it on arrival since the changes came into effect...I handed mine over and it was returned straight back to me without a 2nd glance. There is a list of required documents taped to each station where document checks are conducted, insurance is not listed.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Trvlr55 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:00 am where is the latest on requirements for entry?
Was considering to fly to PP for a few weeks, but now with everything tightening up again in many places, unclear now what to expect for requirements and if is worth the effort.
Thanks

There are different quarantine requirements for people with a travel history to 10 Southern African countries...

Raggepepsi57
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Raggepepsi57 »

So lets hope that there was some sort of mistake when they asked for my friends insuranceπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.
Trvlr55
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Trvlr55 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: ↑Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:03 pm
Trvlr55 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:00 am where is the latest on requirements for entry?
Thanks

There are different quarantine requirements for people with a travel history to 10 Southern African countries...

Whenever I have traveled to Thailand I come as "Visa Exempt" from US. i.e. not necessary to apply beforehand, and then granted "visa exempt at Thia immigration.
The 1st chart "seems to say this also", but thought I recall Cambodia did away with Visa Exempt, at least temporarily.
Is E-Visa or something else is required vs. "Visa Exempt" now??

As for the insurance, seems to be sticking point, even though it's not required.
I recall seeing someone post that it is possible to purchase upon entry, if they really insist??
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Trvlr55 Visa exempt entry into Cambodia is only, and has only ever been, available to certain Nationalities, it was suspended up until a few months ago, same as Tourist Visas, both were reinstated in Oct.

Currently those not eligible for Visa Exempt entry MUST obtain a Visa for Cambodia prior to travelling as the issuing of ALL Visas on Arrival remains suspended. If coming for the purpose of Tourism, then the easiest way is to just apply for the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) at evisa.gov.kh (which is the ONLY official website for obtaining the e-Visa). All other Visa types must be obtained in advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, criteria varies from Embassy to Embassy.

The Insurance requirement is NOT mandatory for entry into Cambodia...however some airlines/airlines staff are still demanding it as that is what their criteria checklist states, worse case scenario you can purchase it instantly online.

Nationalities eligible for Visa Exempt Entry...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic