Residents Ask Stung Meanchey II Police: Where Are You?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Residents Ask Stung Meanchey II Police: Where Are You?

Post by atst »

Nothing to see here same every country in the world, but very frustrating if you happen to live nearby.
If they, Police did thier jobs they would earn respect sadly everywhere this is not appropriate.
Don't panic the cops are busy with poor villagers playing cards
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

atst wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 pm Nothing to see here same every country in the world, but very frustrating if you happen to live nearby.
If they, Police did thier jobs they would earn respect sadly everywhere this is not appropriate.
I disagree, some countries are more accountable & legalize corruption!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:44 pm
atst wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 pm Nothing to see here same every country in the world, but very frustrating if you happen to live nearby.
What it's not legalize here, I don't see the difference
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:29 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:19 pm I wonder what or who is behind these articles, because the thrust of them is slightly odd. Like it seems to be really worked up about electronic fishing games and drug taking, but treats thefts and assaults as kind of a given?
Ever been to (or even walked past) a fishing game hovel in Phnom Penh?

They tend to cause an increase in thefts and assaults due to the influx of ruined meth zombies

I wouldn't want one near my family home either
Haven’t had the pleasure yet so I’ll reserve judgement, but until then it does all sound a bit like when locals round here try to get the skate park shut down because of all the damn kids in hoodies skating in it.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:50 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:19 pm I wonder what or who is behind these articles, because the thrust of them is slightly odd. Like it seems to be really worked up about electronic fishing games and drug taking, but treats thefts and assaults as kind of a given?

They tend to cause an increase in thefts and assaults due to the influx of ruined meth zombies

Haven’t had the pleasure yet so I’ll reserve judgement, but until then it does all sound a bit like when locals round here try to get the skate park shut down because of all the damn kids in hoodies skating in it.
Funk me a skate park or a house full or meth addicts, same same someone lives a sheltered
life.
Last edited by atst on Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Is there a number to call re: noise pollution now those godawful; outdoor Karaoke restaurants are open for business again? If it were a dog singing, they'd put it down.

Speaking of which, is there a number to call re: noise pollution of dogs barking & their owner not giving a toss? If it were a fish game (also available on iOS/Android), they'd take it down.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

atst wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:46 pm
Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:44 pm
What it's not legalize here, I don't see the difference
Is it on a pizza or in a pipe! Fu%k me!!!
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

atst wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:57 pm
Funk me a skate park or a house full or meth addicts, same same someone lives a sheltered
life.
You don’t think they sell meth in skate parks too?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They go hand in hand. Where you find fish games you find meth heads. Where you find meth-heads you find crimes. They are all the same losers.Their brains have been hard-wired to find dopamine buzzes. They are sometimes just harmless idiots, Some are Mercenary cunts, tear carefully.
l
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This may or may not be relevant to the thread topic.

New Meanchey District Police Inspector Appointed
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Samdech Krala Hom Sar Kheng, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, has decided to appoint Lieutenant Colonel Ouk Bonin as Meanchey District Police Inspector, replacing Colonel Meng Vimean Dara, who has been appointed Deputy Commissioner of Kandal Provincial Police.
This is according to the announcement received by the media on the afternoon of December 30, 2021.
Before being appointed as Meanchey District Inspector, Lieutenant Colonel Ouk Bonin held the position of Deputy Inspector of Tuol Kork District Police Inspectorate.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic