Malaga, Spain trip

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Malaga, Spain trip

Post by BklynBoy »

Kinda posting last minute about this but I am going to Spain. My father purchased a condo in an area called Malaga or Manilva. I am unsure how the municipalities work.

Leaving NYC Dec 23r - Jan 2nd.

I am taking KLM Airlines and transiting in Amsterdam. I know its crazy especially since the new variant and possible restrictions.

Anyone know anything about that area in Spain? I can give a report when return ( assuming Spain doesn't change entry restrictions).

On the KLM website it says if vaccinated -- NO need for a negative covid test -- which is surprising but it is what it is.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Malaga, Spain trip

Post by atst »

Great coffee, ham's breads, it has a bull fighting stadium and I think the tv show Zorro was filmed there. Beautiful town only stopped by for day trips on cruise's.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

atst wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 am Great coffee, ham's breads, it has a bull fighting stadium and I think the tv show Zorro was filmed there. Beautiful town only stopped by for day trips on cruise's.
thanks.. i am actually into coffee.. was thinking if they had, i can bring some back
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Just remember, when in southern Spain, stay the fuck away from any Brits. Especially those wearing football shirts and drinking beer by the pint with their breakfast.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Malaga is said to have the most content people in Spain.

Good standard of living, relatively low prices etc.

Also good for a party I suppose but can't remember much of that part anymore 😅
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Retired Sailor
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Retired Sailor »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:51 am Just remember, when in southern Spain, stay the fuck away from any Brits. Especially those wearing football shirts and drinking beer by the pint with their breakfast.
Best to stay away from most in Malaga, it's drug dealer central for the European gangs. There's a bit of a weird thing where the towns mayor turns a blind eye as long as nothing gets out of hand there and they spend their hard earned cash in the town.

Brits, Albanians, South Americans, Spanish, Polish and a fuck load of other nationalities surprisingly they all have a little truce and go out of their way to keep it that way.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

klm did today change entry-rules. Yoy need pcr-test. And if arriving in AMS uyou will go through custom-control because you enter the "schengen-zone", then the flight to MAL wil be smooth without any control at all. Malaga, and especially Marbella (which is in Malaga-province, are very fancy, and expensive, compared with rest of Spain. Full of Brits in that area, and useally very noce weather, if you go high in the mountains, you can see Marokko and Gibraltar. Benahavis is smaal mountain-villaga, worth a visit !! If you go out of turist-areas, pretty cheap, you can get for 10 euro a 3-course-meal included bottle of wine and coffee, i think its hard to find in NY !! ??
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:00 am klm did today change entry-rules. Yoy need pcr-test. And if arriving in AMS uyou will go through custom-control because you enter the "schengen-zone", then the flight to MAL wil be smooth without any control at all. Malaga, and especially Marbella (which is in Malaga-province, are very fancy, and expensive, compared with rest of Spain. Full of Brits in that area, and useally very noce weather, if you go high in the mountains, you can see Marokko and Gibraltar. Benahavis is smaal mountain-villaga, worth a visit !! If you go out of turist-areas, pretty cheap, you can get for 10 euro a 3-course-meal included bottle of wine and coffee, i think its hard to find in NY !! ??
I saw that as well. If your "transiting"--- you do not need it. It was stressing me out tho

Test: Passengers aged 12 years and older travelling from a country/area outside the EU/Schengen area must a negative NAAT test (PCR, RT PCR, LAMP, TMA and mPOCT) result conducted up to 48 hours before boarding or a negative antigen test result conducted up to 24 hours before boarding.

This does not apply to:

Passengers in transit.
Retired Sailor
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Retired Sailor »

How's the holiday goin mate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic