Foreigner Found Dazed and Confused in the Middle of a Phnom Penh Street (VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreigner Found Dazed and Confused in the Middle of a Phnom Penh Street (VIDEO)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Video on Facebook of a foreign man found in the middle of the street:

Not many details other than what's in the video.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Found Dazed and Confused in the Middle of a Phnom Penh Street (VIDEO)

Post by LoukBongThom »

Based on eye witness, he was brought to the stop light in a nice vehicle, and was kicked out of the car (literally) in the middle of the street.
Between the noisy conversations, he has no money, trying to return to the US. Looks like he went to the Embassy, and Embassy asked him to go to the Immigration, and back and forth ....
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Foreigner Found Dazed and Confused in the Middle of a Phnom Penh Street (VIDEO)

Post by siliconlife »

LoukBongThom wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:55 pm Based on eye witness, he was brought to the stop light in a nice vehicle, and was kicked out of the car (literally) in the middle of the street.
Between the noisy conversations, he has no money, trying to return to the US. Looks like he went to the Embassy, and Embassy asked him to go to the Immigration, and back and forth ....
Yup, this. Apparently the car that he got kicked out of was a nice one too, black in colour.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bad buzz
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Cambodians sure are a tolerant lot. So much foreigner dumbfuckery everyday in the KOW. Imagine how long this guy would last acting like this in NYC or London?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:23 pm Cambodians sure are a tolerant lot. So much foreigner dumbfuckery everyday in the KOW. Imagine how long this guy would last acting like this in NYC or London?
I think they're pretty used to the dregs of the western world ending up in Cambodia by now to be honest

I do feel very sorry for the local people having to put up with these people
boofhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by boofhead »

To be fair, the fellow may have had a head injury. Either that or an extremely messy drunk. Not a good place for either.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

To be fair, he may not always be like this. Desperation would lead many to drink.
He came from teaching English in China, COVID hit- jobless, writing a screenplay, sitting/sleeping at Marts during the night and on riverside during the day.
Kicked out of a pagoda.

He says everything stolen - but could just as easily have misplaced it /left it if drunk.

Says his friend is Principal of CIA school.

I have empathy for a person who just wants to leave because they have lost everything, yet can not. That is a terribly disempowering and hopeless situation. No wonder he felt like he just wanted to die.

Yes, people are fuck ups, but I can empathise with some of them.

I hope he gets help and isn’t another suicide
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

This is extremely unfortunate and I hope it's a wake up call for other teflers, PLEASE have back up funds! It is much better ending up on the streets of your home country than here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I do think if you're in a position where you could lose everything, the person is better standing with nothing in their own country. I only we all had a crystal ball to see what is or may be coming in our future. Things could just go bad in one instance in the real world without any warning, things do happen when you least expect them.
With regards to the person in the video above, I don't know is problem or what had happened to him, only what I am reading on the posts. But if he is a teacher, many I am led to understand have had a particularly rough time of it throughout the pandemic. I think it must have been a decision to toss the coin "heads or tails" "should I stay or leave". I think the ones who left probably made the correct choice, but who was to know we would still have a pandemic situation two years on.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Locked Previous topicNext topic