Advice: Best Hospital for Operation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kerberus
Expatriate

Advice: Best Hospital for Operation

Post by kerberus »

Hello Expats,

I am in need of your advice... I need an operation inside my nose cause of nasal polyps but have no idea if I should go to a hospital in Cambodia or thailand.

I am unsure if I should wait a bit more to conduct the operation at the bumrungrad in BKK or the Royal Angkor in SR or the neak Tep in SR... About the hospitals in Phnom Penh I have no idea at all?

My insurance should cover this normally so the price is not so important. But the highest price means not the best treatment...

Any recommendations or even better reviews?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Advice: Best Hospital for Operation

Post by Cooldude »

Go to Bumrungrad in BKK.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The Royal Phnom Penh has some very good surgeons, eg in urology and obstetrics/gyney. Idk about ENT.
They get creative with the charges but that's OK if you have insurance.

If you're looking to BKK, seek advice from Sheryl on thaivisa, now aseannow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Have you considered going to consult with a real Doctor?

Crazy thought, I know.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am The Royal Phnom Penh has some very good surgeons, eg in urology and obstetrics/gyney. Idk about ENT.
They get creative with the charges but that's OK if you have insurance.

If you're looking to BKK, seek advice from Sheryl on thaivisa, now aseannow.
If I recall well someone on this forum specifically disrecommended the French ENT doc @ Royal Phnom Penh.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

kerberus wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 pm Hello Expats,

I am in need of your advice... I need an operation inside my nose cause of nasal polyps but have no idea if I should go to a hospital in Cambodia or thailand.

I am unsure if I should wait a bit more to conduct the operation at the bumrungrad in BKK or the Royal Angkor in SR or the neak Tep in SR... About the hospitals in Phnom Penh I have no idea at all?

My insurance should cover this normally so the price is not so important. But the highest price means not the best treatment...

I'd get treated here at the Japanese hospital, by a Japanese ent, rather than in BKK
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:19 pm Go to Bumrungrad in BKK.
although it is a 5 star hospital, u do pay for it>
just as good and not nearly as expensive; BNH Hospital in Bangkok
or if ur tight on $$
the Songklanagarind Hospital in Hat Yai is excellent
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I don’t know how you heard of neak tep in SR but I needed an operation done and it was recommended to me ,
By a guy who had it done there .
I went in and had a talk with them and they said they could do it and i believed them .
Everything went good so far so good over a month ago ,
I had a hernia .. couldn’t hurt to ask …

https://www.neaktephospital.com/
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I had a good experience in Bangkok International - oral surgery, hand surgery, face surgery (titanium in face).

My face shows no results of the accident I had or the surgery. Cost was close to $100K
kerberus
Expatriate

Post by kerberus »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:59 pm
kerberus wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 pm Hello Expats,

I'd get treated here at the Japanese hospital, by a Japanese ent, rather than in BKK
Which Japanese Hospital exactly?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic