Water questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Water questions

Post by Clutch Cargo »

epidemiks wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:56 am We use a National ceramic drip filter, bought at Aeon for $30 or so. Change the filters every few months. Tap > filter > fridge. Any water for cooking also comes straight from the tap.
The $1 20L barrels are fine, though a pain to lug about. There are some fairly unhygenic operators out there. Eurotec seems fine. Hitech less so.
Thanks for the tip.

For anyone else who may be interested, I found a ceramic drip filter at Aeon 1. Korea King Brand Mineral Water Purifier 16L $22.90 (incl filters). Extra ceramic filter is $4.50 and carbon filter is $5.90. Apparently, the filters are good for 6-12 mths depending on usage.

There's also a bigger 22L one. You'll find them on the ground floor..right in the LH rear corner of the supermarket. At the head of the associated aisle there, they have display ones.

I've only used it a few days but seems perfectly fine.
Mojo
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Water questions

Post by Mojo »

I picked up one of the Korea King dispensers, too, and yes it seems to do the job. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic