Police urine drug test

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Police urine drug test

Post by Kigna »

I ask you if it is normal for the police to stop you while you are waiting at the traffic light on your motorbike. They took me to the precinct and gave me an unsealed plastic cup to fill it with my urine. i thought they wanted me fit, fortunately everything went well. I will ask you if it is normal and if you can possibly request to retake the test in the hospital if positive.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Police urine drug test

Post by Cooldude »

No. It's not normal. Never heard of anything like this before in the KOW.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

First time I hear it.

It was suggested to me once in Thailand but I refused and problem went away. Guess I got lucky.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Sorry to hear, but I never heard before. Do you have many tattoos and or rings in the nose, long hair? Or are you just a random looking guy?
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:29 am No. It's not normal. Never heard of anything like this before in the KOW.
Seem like he's in LOS?

This is the Thailand News and Discussion forum

It's definitely something that was big in the news in Bangkok a couple years ago.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

sigmoid wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:31 am
Cooldude wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:29 am No. It's not normal. Never heard of anything like this before in the KOW.
Seem like he's in LOS?

This is the Thailand News and Discussion forum

It's definitely something that was big in the news in Bangkok a couple years ago.
Good catch! In that case yes, it's not unheard of 😅
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Yeah, Thong Lor police district cops were notorious for this extortion. Think their district stretches all the way to Asok. Haven't seen any reports on ASEAN Now (ex Thaivisa), but they used to demand your passport, too, despite the chief saying a good photocopy was enough.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Next time just cause a stink (say you're running late for something) and hand them a fiver, had the same thing happen next to the golden tower on nordom.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:26 pm Next time just cause a stink (say you're running late for something) and hand them a fiver, had the same thing happen next to the golden tower on nordom.
I think handing over 5 Baht (this is in Thailand) might get you into even more shit.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Specifically, Naklua District Police, Pattaya
When I entered the police precinct, I saw a couple of Thai youths on their motorbikes, and there were two baskets full of used plastic cups.
However, next time I want to inquire at the tourist police and, if necessary, at my embassy.
I knew about disco controls, but getting to the point of stopping while on my bike Mai.
Yet I had recently done the 2-week quarantine.
I can understand if I had been drunk and was driving strange. But there was no reason to do this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic