Thai model visciously attacked by usual suspect in NYC

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Thai model visciously attacked by usual suspect in NYC

Post by Ghostwriter »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:04 pm Image
You might as well have a look into someone's fresher work. This guy died in 1936..Now i get that German philosophers last longtime, but hey, 2022 on sight...
https://bookandfilmglobe.com/creators/h ... kes-again/
atkins, k
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by atkins, k »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:53 pm
atkins, k wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:15 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:04 pm
IraHayes wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:17 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:01 pm

What makes you think this was an anti-Asian attack?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... r-rcna8427
And the law of probability.
In the video of this incident, I see a lone woman on the train platform apparently at 4am, grabbed from behind, dragged, assaulted, her handbag taken and then he runs away.

From what I can see, there's no evidence that suggests she was targeted because she's Asian.
antiAsian not antiAsian, does it really matter? A young Asian girl got her face punched in, robbed, and groped.
You're right, it's a terrible crime regardless of race.

However, after a couple of members suggested it was likely an anti-Asian attack, I thought it correct to point out there was nothing on the face of it to suggest that. Rather, as another member subsequently mentioned, it could well have been an assault and robbery with nothing to do about race

Funny you should pick me up on that after your OP post was 'race' charged:
Unfortunately the media will bury this because of the race of the attacker. But please if you have Thai friends let them know the big cities in the USA are not safe and they cannot treat they them like they do Bangkok.
And your topic title:
What is the 'usual' suspect?
What exactly dont you understand?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:15 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:04 pm Image
You might as well have a look into someone's fresher work. This guy died in 1936..Now i get that German philosophers last longtime, but hey, 2022 on sight...
https://bookandfilmglobe.com/creators/h ... kes-again/
Spengler stands the test of time. Houellebecq probably will, also. For a more American perspective:
atkins, k
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by atkins, k »

nemo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:27 am The topic is about a young woman who was attacked.
Not bad negroes
as OP, the topic is about both
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:04 pm
siliconlife wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:31 pm
It's not that I disagree with you necessarily, but it's hard to understand statements like "Western society is in decline" clearly, because, firstly, we are not that homogenous "a society", and secondly because, what does "in decline" mean? Does that mean a temporary weakness as it goes about restructuring, or a trajectory leading to absolute downfall? You see how each interpretation could serve different sides of the political fissure. As an entity, I would say Western society is in crisis, but where it goes in the future is completely circumstantial.
The collapse of a society is an organic process. As with any living organism, it is marked by stages of decline and dysfunction. Institutions cease to function, values are challenged or destroyed. Heroes are torn down, false gods are erected in their place.
That's one idea about the collapse of society, not one that everyone subscribes to. Society, is not, as homologous as we'd like to be, a living organism, but rather a colony, if you could even call it that. The Decline of the West, while a beautiful and poetic book if you have nihilistic tendencies like I do, is far from a social-scientific evaluation of the machinations of societal decline, and considered to be very philosophically dated. Defining exactly what social decline means in the information age, where technology soars forth at unrecognizable paces, is asking us to take a leap of faith, as the pioneering age has not yet expired. To me Spengler is more a cursory investigation into the life-trajectory of societies (a real thing), than something to be studied for exactly how the process goes down.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:31 pm For a more American perspective:
Tempting, but i have a deja-lu feeling. Also, being european, i see a lot (too much ?) things from an American perspective.
It's a bit special there, ex-slaves generations becoming full members of society, is not a usual thing here (europe) for a first. We did colonies, whoever became freed was already in his land. Less side effects in inner countries societies.
That is already a huge different setting beetween so many others, and the history of peoples take ages to unfold. USA are still young, compared to europe.

I'm not taking sides. I just like the longer perspective beetween both.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The Thai lady was interviewed here. Be sure to watch it quickly, I bet it's going to be deleted as the media wants to bury it.

mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

atkins, k wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:24 pm Unfortunately the media will bury this because of the race of the attacker. But please if you have Thai friends let them know the big cities in the USA are not safe and they cannot treat they them like they do Bangkok.
Bangkok. What a safe haven at 4am.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

atkins, k wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:32 pm
nemo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:27 am The topic is about a young woman who was attacked.
Not bad negroes
as OP, the topic is about both
The topic is "about" neither.
Your opening posts was 1/ a cry of "poor me" victimhood
2/intended stir up more racial conflict.

You guys remind me of MIGTOWs. Exactly the same attitude.
You held all the cards and you blew it - simple as that. And now you winge and blame everyone else because you think your privileged position has all turned to shit.

Keep dragging your once great nation thru the mud on OS forums and see how much sympathy you get here.
All you are doing is confirming what everyone else on the planet is already thinking - ie, America seems to be going stark raving mad.

(^ imo)
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

atkins, k wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:30 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:53 pm
atkins, k wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:15 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:04 pm
IraHayes wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:17 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... r-rcna8427
And the law of probability.
In the video of this incident, I see a lone woman on the train platform apparently at 4am, grabbed from behind, dragged, assaulted, her handbag taken and then he runs away.

From what I can see, there's no evidence that suggests she was targeted because she's Asian.
antiAsian not antiAsian, does it really matter? A young Asian girl got her face punched in, robbed, and groped.
You're right, it's a terrible crime regardless of race.

However, after a couple of members suggested it was likely an anti-Asian attack, I thought it correct to point out there was nothing on the face of it to suggest that. Rather, as another member subsequently mentioned, it could well have been an assault and robbery with nothing to do about race

Funny you should pick me up on that after your OP post was 'race' charged:
Unfortunately the media will bury this because of the race of the attacker. But please if you have Thai friends let them know the big cities in the USA are not safe and they cannot treat they them like they do Bangkok.
And your topic title:
What is the 'usual' suspect?
What exactly dont you understand?
You answer a question with another question? Why don't you come out with it?

I understand this:

This has nothing to do with Thailand News and Discussion. Hence moved the topic to the 'The rest of the world'.
There's nothing to suggest this was any sort of race hate crime. Rather, an assault and robbery.
The sort of thing that happens all around the world probably everyday of the week. Nothing new there.
Rather, you want to pick this particular assault out of all the rest on the basis that (a) she's Thai (aka Asian) and (b) the assault was done by a (to use your words) 'usual suspect' aka black man.
So your motive is more about how NYC is an unsafe city due to black American crime. Stirring up racial US issues.
Unfortunately the media will bury this because of the race of the attacker.
if it was a White attacker it would be top of the hour on every cable news channel
Let me remind you that this is a Cambodia expat forum. If as you say, the 'usual suspects' do this in NYC, then presumably this is a common event. Are you going to bring every single case of US crime that comes up like this and flood this forum? Take it elsewhere, I say where it belongs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic